”I’ve always admired the career of Bette Davis,” says the actress, 57, who’s nominated for her 14th Oscar for The Devil Wears Prada. ”She did All About Eve — a movie about being washed-up — when she was [around] 40! I wish people like her were still around to benefit from the extended shelf life of actresses and the advances women have made in show business. Of course, they’d probably be my competition, and I’d secretly hate them.”
Posted February 23 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Nicholas Brendon returning to 'The Dr. Phil Show'
- 'Straight Outta Compton' star O'Shea Jackson on the film's Oscar potential
- Ricki Lake and social influencers launch #TreatmentForAll in honor of World AIDS Day
- See Jill Scott's moving acceptance speech at the Soul Train Awards
- The brothers-in-law are back in the latest 'Ride Along 2' trailer
- Christopher McQuarrie to return for 'Mission: Impossible 6'
- 'Seinfeld' cast sends well-wishes to terminally ill fan