”I’ve always admired the career of Bette Davis,” says the actress, 57, who’s nominated for her 14th Oscar for The Devil Wears Prada. ”She did All About Eve — a movie about being washed-up — when she was [around] 40! I wish people like her were still around to benefit from the extended shelf life of actresses and the advances women have made in show business. Of course, they’d probably be my competition, and I’d secretly hate them.”
Posted February 23 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Chris Rock and Tracy Morgan exchange comic haymakers in 'Top Five' outtakes
- 'Sex Box' react: Enclosed encounters of the absurd kind
- Buffy season 8 recap: 'No Future for You'/'Wolves at the Gate'
- Jennifer Lawrence vs. 'tabloid malarkey'
- 'Parks and Recreation': On the set for the last day of filming
- '12 Monkeys' boss on Cole's fate (Spoiler Alert!)
- EW recommends: Bieber, baseball, and Broadway