”I’ve always admired the career of Bette Davis,” says the actress, 57, who’s nominated for her 14th Oscar for The Devil Wears Prada. ”She did All About Eve — a movie about being washed-up — when she was [around] 40! I wish people like her were still around to benefit from the extended shelf life of actresses and the advances women have made in show business. Of course, they’d probably be my competition, and I’d secretly hate them.”
Posted February 23 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Samantha Bee rips Donald Trump for Miss Universe comments
- Trevor Noah brands Donald Trump a 'master of sexism'
- 'Pitch' sneak peek: Ginny's not the only female in a man's world
- 'Grey's Anatomy': What's next for the Mer-Maggie-Riggs triangle?
- Sting and Jimmy Fallon share a textual experience
- What To Watch Thursday: Another bad person in 'The Good Place'
- 'A Game of Thrones': Preview the enhanced iBooks edition