”I’ve always admired the career of Bette Davis,” says the actress, 57, who’s nominated for her 14th Oscar for The Devil Wears Prada. ”She did All About Eve — a movie about being washed-up — when she was [around] 40! I wish people like her were still around to benefit from the extended shelf life of actresses and the advances women have made in show business. Of course, they’d probably be my competition, and I’d secretly hate them.”
Posted February 23 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- See Ryan Reynolds give Conan O’Brien a massage as Deadpool (with panda tears)
- Kevin Bacon campaigns for more male nudity in Hollywood in mock PSA
- See the red band trailer for Ryan Reynolds' 'Deadpool'
- 'Playing House' season 2 premiere react: Did you find the BFFs' return 'totes kewl'?
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall on that 'uncomfortable' Twitter save
- Casting Net: Will Smith replaces Hugh Jackman in 'Collateral Beauty'
- 9 spoilers on 'Grey’s Anatomy,' 'Scandal,' 'Murder'