Annie, a 9-year-old in a Michigan resort town, narrates Lisel Litzenburger’s Now You Love Me, the story of her broken family. Her dad skips town for an extra-long ”trip” and never returns, leaving her mom to raise her and her 5-year-old brother. The focus is Mom, who drives too fast, dates a loopy electrician, and steals the neighbor’s car. Litzenburger ingeniously refracts the familiar elements of a typical divorce tale through Annie, who lends both innocence and distance to the drama of, say, Mom’s trip to rehab. Even small episodes are enlarged through the eyes of this insightful and totally believable little girl. A-
Now You Love MeAnnie, a 9-year-old in a Michigan resort town, narrates Lisel Litzenburger's Now You Love Me, the story of her broken family. Her dad...Now You Love MeFictionLiesel LitzenburgerAnnie, a 9-year-old in a Michigan resort town, narrates Lisel Litzenburger's Now You Love Me, the story of her broken family. Her dad...2007-02-23Three Rivers Press
Genre: Fiction; Author: Liesel Litzenburger; Publisher: Three Rivers Press
Posted February 23 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Orphan Black' creator on that crazy, twerktastic episode: 'It was an important one for us'
- 'Orphan Black': Dylan Bruce on Paul's big moment
- Ryan Reynolds makes young fan's dream come true on 'Deadpool' set
- And the winner of the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest is...
- Stanley Kubrick's 'The Shining' at 35: Horror director Ted Geoghegan pays tribute
- Sting and Jimmy Fallon take 'Roxanne' to barbershop
- 'Mad Max' gets the 'Mario Kart' mashup it deserves
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!