Annie, a 9-year-old in a Michigan resort town, narrates Lisel Litzenburger’s Now You Love Me, the story of her broken family. Her dad skips town for an extra-long ”trip” and never returns, leaving her mom to raise her and her 5-year-old brother. The focus is Mom, who drives too fast, dates a loopy electrician, and steals the neighbor’s car. Litzenburger ingeniously refracts the familiar elements of a typical divorce tale through Annie, who lends both innocence and distance to the drama of, say, Mom’s trip to rehab. Even small episodes are enlarged through the eyes of this insightful and totally believable little girl. A-
Now You Love MeAnnie, a 9-year-old in a Michigan resort town, narrates Lisel Litzenburger's Now You Love Me, the story of her broken family. Her dad...Now You Love MeFictionLiesel LitzenburgerAnnie, a 9-year-old in a Michigan resort town, narrates Lisel Litzenburger's Now You Love Me, the story of her broken family. Her dad...2007-02-23Three Rivers Press
Genre: Fiction; Author: Liesel Litzenburger; Publisher: Three Rivers Press
Posted February 23 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Zendaya had the best response to people who hated her hair
- 'Zoo' star Kristen Connolly talks what it's like acting opposite a moody baby lion
- Paul Rudd tests 'Ant-Man's shrinking powers against a bathtub tidal wave
- Here are the most popular passages from 'Me and Earl and the Dying Girl'
- Dave Grohl was 'terrified' to watch Kurt Cobain documentary
- Miss USA Pageant: 'Show will go on'
- See a new trailer for 'BoJack Horseman' season 2