Annie, a 9-year-old in a Michigan resort town, narrates Lisel Litzenburger’s Now You Love Me, the story of her broken family. Her dad skips town for an extra-long ”trip” and never returns, leaving her mom to raise her and her 5-year-old brother. The focus is Mom, who drives too fast, dates a loopy electrician, and steals the neighbor’s car. Litzenburger ingeniously refracts the familiar elements of a typical divorce tale through Annie, who lends both innocence and distance to the drama of, say, Mom’s trip to rehab. Even small episodes are enlarged through the eyes of this insightful and totally believable little girl. A-
Now You Love MeAnnie, a 9-year-old in a Michigan resort town, narrates Lisel Litzenburger's Now You Love Me, the story of her broken family. Her dad...Now You Love MeFictionLiesel LitzenburgerAnnie, a 9-year-old in a Michigan resort town, narrates Lisel Litzenburger's Now You Love Me, the story of her broken family. Her dad...2007-02-23Three Rivers Press
Genre: Fiction; Author: Liesel Litzenburger; Publisher: Three Rivers Press
Posted February 23 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Nicolas Cage talks 'National Treasure 3': 'They're working on it'
- Leslie Jones once worked as a Scientology telemarketer
- Singles Swap: EW's fresh suggestions for brand new tunes
- See the winning cover for 'Taylor Swift: This Is Our Song'
- WATCH: Gary Oldman, Asa Butterfield in 'The Space Between Us' trailer
- 'The Nice Guys' director Shane Black explains his love for Christmas
- James Blake tells stories behind the collaborations on his new album