Annie, a 9-year-old in a Michigan resort town, narrates Lisel Litzenburger’s Now You Love Me, the story of her broken family. Her dad skips town for an extra-long ”trip” and never returns, leaving her mom to raise her and her 5-year-old brother. The focus is Mom, who drives too fast, dates a loopy electrician, and steals the neighbor’s car. Litzenburger ingeniously refracts the familiar elements of a typical divorce tale through Annie, who lends both innocence and distance to the drama of, say, Mom’s trip to rehab. Even small episodes are enlarged through the eyes of this insightful and totally believable little girl. A-
Now You Love MeAnnie, a 9-year-old in a Michigan resort town, narrates Lisel Litzenburger's Now You Love Me, the story of her broken family. Her dad...Now You Love MeFictionLiesel LitzenburgerAnnie, a 9-year-old in a Michigan resort town, narrates Lisel Litzenburger's Now You Love Me, the story of her broken family. Her dad...2007-02-23Three Rivers Press
Genre: Fiction; Author: Liesel Litzenburger; Publisher: Three Rivers Press
Posted February 23 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles