Annie, a 9-year-old in a Michigan resort town, narrates Lisel Litzenburger’s Now You Love Me, the story of her broken family. Her dad skips town for an extra-long ”trip” and never returns, leaving her mom to raise her and her 5-year-old brother. The focus is Mom, who drives too fast, dates a loopy electrician, and steals the neighbor’s car. Litzenburger ingeniously refracts the familiar elements of a typical divorce tale through Annie, who lends both innocence and distance to the drama of, say, Mom’s trip to rehab. Even small episodes are enlarged through the eyes of this insightful and totally believable little girl. A-
Now You Love MeAnnie, a 9-year-old in a Michigan resort town, narrates Lisel Litzenburger's Now You Love Me, the story of her broken family. Her dad...Now You Love MeFictionLiesel LitzenburgerAnnie, a 9-year-old in a Michigan resort town, narrates Lisel Litzenburger's Now You Love Me, the story of her broken family. Her dad...2007-02-23Three Rivers Press
Genre: Fiction; Author: Liesel Litzenburger; Publisher: Three Rivers Press
Posted February 23 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Agent Carter' casts Whitney Frost and more season 2 additions
- CBS orders murder mystery from Steven Spielberg's Amblin Television
- 9 things we learned about 'Elementary' season 4 at New York Comic-Con
- Three 6 Mafia rapper Koopsta Knicca dies at 40
- Loras Tyrell wants 'Mr. Robot' star Rami Malek on 'Game of Thrones'
- Don Cheadle meets Ewan McGregor in latest 'Miles Ahead' clip
- 'Downton Abbey' boss: Here’s why you’ll enjoy ‘The Last Kingdom'