There are actually two books competing for your attention in T. Jefferson Parker’s Storm Runners. One is a psychologically sharp crime thriller about an ex-cop damaged inside and out after his wife and young son are blown up by a ruthless gang leader (and old high school friend). The other is a drippy, vaguely Crichtonesque yarn about a San Diego weather reporter pressured by the Los Angeles Dept. of Water & Power to cease her pursuit of ”moisture acceleration” (i.e., rainmaking). Parker grafts them together when the reporter hires the ex-cop for protection. Though he still wrings some tasty tension from both stories, the stitches definitely show. B-
Storm Runners There are actually two books competing for your attention in T. Jefferson Parker's Storm Runners. One is a psychologically sharp crime...Storm RunnersMystery and Thriller, FictionT. Jefferson Parker There are actually two books competing for your attention in T. Jefferson Parker's Storm Runners. One is a psychologically sharp crime...2007-02-23William Morrow
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Fiction; Author: T. Jefferson Parker; Publisher: William Morrow
Posted February 23 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Tom Hardy demonstrates his lip sync skills with Dubsmash
- Jon Hamm in talks to star in sci-fi drama 'Marjorie Prime'
- Can you name these VMA nominees based on just one photo?
- Adele's new album may have its release date
- See Jennifer Lawrence and Amy Schumer dance on Billy Joel's piano
- Pierce Brosnan tells Kimmel why he turned down 'Batman'
- Macklemore got Ken Griffey Jr. to recreate his famous rookie card
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Emma Watson, Matt Damon, Helena Bonham Carter & More!