There are actually two books competing for your attention in T. Jefferson Parker’s Storm Runners. One is a psychologically sharp crime thriller about an ex-cop damaged inside and out after his wife and young son are blown up by a ruthless gang leader (and old high school friend). The other is a drippy, vaguely Crichtonesque yarn about a San Diego weather reporter pressured by the Los Angeles Dept. of Water & Power to cease her pursuit of ”moisture acceleration” (i.e., rainmaking). Parker grafts them together when the reporter hires the ex-cop for protection. Though he still wrings some tasty tension from both stories, the stitches definitely show. B-
Storm Runners There are actually two books competing for your attention in T. Jefferson Parker's Storm Runners. One is a psychologically sharp crime...Storm RunnersMystery and Thriller, FictionT. Jefferson Parker There are actually two books competing for your attention in T. Jefferson Parker's Storm Runners. One is a psychologically sharp crime...2007-02-23William Morrow
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Fiction; Author: T. Jefferson Parker; Publisher: William Morrow
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- Angelina Jolie makes first public appearance since her surgery at the Kids Choice Awards
- Kids Choice Awards 2015 winners are...
- 'SNL react: Your quick take on The Rock and George Ezra?
- Hugh Jackman teases final go-round as 'Wolverine' on Instagram
- J.K. Rowling's 'Casual Vacancy' miniseries gets a trailer
- Sacha Baron Cohen as Freddie Mercury
- Justin Moore on touring with Miranda Lambert, new music, and getting to play Madison Square Garden
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Sienna Miller, Kate & Kate and More!