I attacked Romeo + Juliet in the most aggressive way. People don’t realize Leonardo [DiCaprio] had to come to Australia for no money. He wasn’t paid — he flew coach with his friends — and he stayed a week and shot scenes to convince [20th Century Fox] to make the film. Goodness gracious, the making of that film was a bit like shooting [Werner Herzog’s] Fitzcarraldo on a Rolling Stones tour in the ’60s. Imagine Leonardo, Jamie Kennedy, John Leguizamo, down in Mexico [where the movie was eventually filmed] for six months, making something that was considered radical, on a shoestring budget, in storms.
Posted February 23 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Watch Kelly Clarkson adorably forget the lyrics to her songs
- Katy Perry reveals which line of her DNC speech Orlando Bloom wrote
- Chandra Levy miniseries in works at TNT
- Nick Jonas, Demi Lovato send fans on scavenger hunt for concert tickets
- 'Pokémon Go' nests are reportedly spawning different Pokémon
- Disney changes 'Avengers: Infinity War Part 1' title
- Constance Wu says Matt Damon's 'Great Wall' perpetuates 'racist myth'