I attacked Romeo + Juliet in the most aggressive way. People don’t realize Leonardo [DiCaprio] had to come to Australia for no money. He wasn’t paid — he flew coach with his friends — and he stayed a week and shot scenes to convince [20th Century Fox] to make the film. Goodness gracious, the making of that film was a bit like shooting [Werner Herzog’s] Fitzcarraldo on a Rolling Stones tour in the ’60s. Imagine Leonardo, Jamie Kennedy, John Leguizamo, down in Mexico [where the movie was eventually filmed] for six months, making something that was considered radical, on a shoestring budget, in storms.
Posted February 23 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Barack Obama crashes Stephen Colbert's post-Super Bowl 'Late Show'
- Twitter finds unofficial Super Bowl mascot in diarrhea medication ad
- Schick channels 'Transformers' for Super Bowl 50 ad
- Taraji P. Henson confuses Coldplay with Maroon 5: 'Oooooooopppps. Lmao!'
- These are the best Super Bowl 50 halftime show GIFs
- Psylocke swoops in during 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Super Bowl teaser
- See all the movie trailers that aired during Super Bowl 50