Speaking of the Oscar program, it’s nine years now since Titanic maestro James Cameron declared himself “the King of the World!” And while that distinction is still up for debate, there’s no denying that the director has done just about everything in the world during the past almost-decade — except make and release a feature film. He did do those giant-screen underwater documentaries, and a few weeks ago there was the big news that he’s finally putting together his long-awaited Avatar project. Yet now, just as I was starting to get psyched for that, he comes out with this Discovery Channel doc on Christ’s supposed tomb. It sounds interesting enough, and I don’t want to get into speculating whether having made Titanic exactly qualifies Cameron to get all historical and scientific over Jesus. (Actually, what the heck: it doesn’t.) But I can’t help but thinking that old J.C. (James Cameron, that is) is just spinning his wheels here, still not fully decided on what to do next or how to do it. Of course, I can’t blame him for having trouble following up the biggest movie of all time, but let me offer this kick in the knickers: James, baby, time to finish with the nature films already and get back to the blockbusters!
Posted February 27 2007 — 11:23 PM EST
- Joan Rivers remembered during special episode of 'Fashion Police'
- Jimmy Kimmel unveils new 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- Jason Sudeikis plays Drinko with Jimmy Fallon on 'The Tonight Show'
- How the novel 'Star Wars: Aftermath' sets up 'The Force Awakens'
- The lawsuit over 'Mr. Holmes' has been settled, attorney says
- Kristen Bell’s gift to Dax Shepard makes us all miss 'Parenthood'
- Casting Net: Jason Momoa to star in lumberjack thriller Braven
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Tom Hardy, Alessandra Ambrósio, Bindi Irwin & More!