Speaking of the Oscar program, it’s nine years now since Titanic maestro James Cameron declared himself “the King of the World!” And while that distinction is still up for debate, there’s no denying that the director has done just about everything in the world during the past almost-decade — except make and release a feature film. He did do those giant-screen underwater documentaries, and a few weeks ago there was the big news that he’s finally putting together his long-awaited Avatar project. Yet now, just as I was starting to get psyched for that, he comes out with this Discovery Channel doc on Christ’s supposed tomb. It sounds interesting enough, and I don’t want to get into speculating whether having made Titanic exactly qualifies Cameron to get all historical and scientific over Jesus. (Actually, what the heck: it doesn’t.) But I can’t help but thinking that old J.C. (James Cameron, that is) is just spinning his wheels here, still not fully decided on what to do next or how to do it. Of course, I can’t blame him for having trouble following up the biggest movie of all time, but let me offer this kick in the knickers: James, baby, time to finish with the nature films already and get back to the blockbusters!
Posted February 27 2007 — 11:23 PM EST
- Stephen King, hundreds of writers sign petition against Donald Trump
- Sacha Baron Cohen on the time Ali G met Donald Trump
- 'Chicago P.D.' boss previews fight for Voight's soul in season finale
- NFL: Super Bowl is coming to L.A., Atlanta, South Florida
- 'Galavant' cast makes epic video to thank fans trying to save show
- Fred Armisen really wants his fur coat in cut 'SNL' sketch
- First look at Kate Mara in Luke Scott's sci-fi thriller 'Morgan'