”I thought you knew that pity was a four-letter word,” Lajon Witherspoon barks near the start of Sevendust’s sixth studio disc, Alpha. ”Now I feel the need to make you suffer,” he adds a few minutes later. At least he’s honest. The band mercilessly assaults listeners on songs like ”Aggression” and ”Confessions of Hatred,” burying every potential hook under a barrage of enraged howls and pummeling guitars. Witherspoon’s singing voice is far more expressive than his screams; too bad he uses it so infrequently here.
Alpha ''I thought you knew that pity was a four-letter word,'' Lajon Witherspoon barks near the start of Sevendust's sixth studio disc, AlphaAlphaMetal ''I thought you knew that pity was a four-letter word,'' Lajon Witherspoon barks near the start of Sevendust's sixth studio disc, Alpha2007-03-02
Genre: Metal; Producer (group): Asylum
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- 'Arrow,' 'Flash' producer Greg Berlanti to helm 'Infinite Horizon' comic adaptation
- 'The D Train' co-directors share secrets on THAT Jack Black, James Marsden scene
- Joni Mitchell's friend appointed her temporary conservator
- Reese Witherspoon launches lifestyle site Draper James
- Drake stunts on remix of Fetty Wap cut 'My Way'
- Miguel faces lawsuit from victim of his failed Billboard Music Awards leap
- Syfy and Steven Spielberg's Amblin Television developing 'Brave New World' series
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Rob & Kate, Anna Kendrick, Vanessa & Selena and More!