”I thought you knew that pity was a four-letter word,” Lajon Witherspoon barks near the start of Sevendust’s sixth studio disc, Alpha. ”Now I feel the need to make you suffer,” he adds a few minutes later. At least he’s honest. The band mercilessly assaults listeners on songs like ”Aggression” and ”Confessions of Hatred,” burying every potential hook under a barrage of enraged howls and pummeling guitars. Witherspoon’s singing voice is far more expressive than his screams; too bad he uses it so infrequently here.
Alpha ''I thought you knew that pity was a four-letter word,'' Lajon Witherspoon barks near the start of Sevendust's sixth studio disc, AlphaAlphaMetal ''I thought you knew that pity was a four-letter word,'' Lajon Witherspoon barks near the start of Sevendust's sixth studio disc, Alpha2007-03-02
Genre: Metal; Producer (group): Asylum
Posted March 2 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Eva Longoria to direct 'Jane the Virgin' episode
- Rio police charge Ryan Lochte with making false robbery report
- Terra Jolé from 'Little Women' joins 'Dancing With the Stars,' source says
- Ellie Goulding's ‘Still Falling for You’ video teases 'Bridget Jones’s Baby'
- Sarah Paulson in talks to join 'Ocean's Eight' ensemble
- Lemmy tribute statue unveiled at the Rainbow Room
- Oprah Winfrey: 'I could explain' election if I still had talk show