”I thought you knew that pity was a four-letter word,” Lajon Witherspoon barks near the start of Sevendust’s sixth studio disc, Alpha. ”Now I feel the need to make you suffer,” he adds a few minutes later. At least he’s honest. The band mercilessly assaults listeners on songs like ”Aggression” and ”Confessions of Hatred,” burying every potential hook under a barrage of enraged howls and pummeling guitars. Witherspoon’s singing voice is far more expressive than his screams; too bad he uses it so infrequently here.
Alpha ''I thought you knew that pity was a four-letter word,'' Lajon Witherspoon barks near the start of Sevendust's sixth studio disc, AlphaAlphaMetal ''I thought you knew that pity was a four-letter word,'' Lajon Witherspoon barks near the start of Sevendust's sixth studio disc, Alpha2007-03-02
Genre: Metal; Producer (group): Asylum
Posted March 2 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- 1D's Liam Payne announces third single from 'Made in the A.M.'
- New 'Luther' trailer asks: 'You scared of me?'
- Drake: 'I'd do anything with Adele' — including a 'Hotline Bling' remix
- National Dog Show names Charlie the Skye terrier its Best in Show
- CBS will air two Super Bowl commercial specials before 'Super Bowl 50'
- Amy Schumer, Mindy Kaling, and more celebs give thanks on social media
- Highlights from the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade