”I thought you knew that pity was a four-letter word,” Lajon Witherspoon barks near the start of Sevendust’s sixth studio disc, Alpha. ”Now I feel the need to make you suffer,” he adds a few minutes later. At least he’s honest. The band mercilessly assaults listeners on songs like ”Aggression” and ”Confessions of Hatred,” burying every potential hook under a barrage of enraged howls and pummeling guitars. Witherspoon’s singing voice is far more expressive than his screams; too bad he uses it so infrequently here.
Alpha ''I thought you knew that pity was a four-letter word,'' Lajon Witherspoon barks near the start of Sevendust's sixth studio disc, AlphaAlphaMetal ''I thought you knew that pity was a four-letter word,'' Lajon Witherspoon barks near the start of Sevendust's sixth studio disc, Alpha2007-03-02
Genre: Metal; Producer (group): Asylum
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- Jay Z on epic Tidal rlaunch: 'We're in this for the right reasons'
- Marilynne Robinson expanding Gilead trilogy: 'People should be prepared to say 'quartet''
- Our perfect 'The Wiz' cast features Broadway stars and Crazy Eyes
- Rolling Stones to tour U.S., reissue 'Sticky Fingers'
- See Martha Stewart, Ron Burgundy and more show up to Justin Bieber roast
- Justified: Watch Raylan's 10 all-time best showdowns
- My Morning Jacket releases spacey "Spring (Among The Living)," second track off upcoming album
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Tracee Ellis Ross, Hilary Duff, Scott Eastwood & More!