”I thought you knew that pity was a four-letter word,” Lajon Witherspoon barks near the start of Sevendust’s sixth studio disc, Alpha. ”Now I feel the need to make you suffer,” he adds a few minutes later. At least he’s honest. The band mercilessly assaults listeners on songs like ”Aggression” and ”Confessions of Hatred,” burying every potential hook under a barrage of enraged howls and pummeling guitars. Witherspoon’s singing voice is far more expressive than his screams; too bad he uses it so infrequently here.
Alpha ''I thought you knew that pity was a four-letter word,'' Lajon Witherspoon barks near the start of Sevendust's sixth studio disc, AlphaAlphaMetal ''I thought you knew that pity was a four-letter word,'' Lajon Witherspoon barks near the start of Sevendust's sixth studio disc, Alpha2007-03-02
Genre: Metal; Producer (group): Asylum
Posted March 2 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- See an exclusive preview of Leslie Stein's dreamy, gorgeous cartoons from 'Bright-Eyed at Midnight'
- Nicolas Cage talks 'The Runner,' explains why he's not 'a madman'
- Chief Keef releases new mixtape ahead of schedule
- Get your exclusive first look at 'Shadowhunters'
- Grace Potter dishes about her poppiest album yet
- Abbi Jacobson is a 'Dreamgirl' in new 'Lip Sync Battle' clip
- Solve Agatha Christie mysteries with this simple formula
- Stars We Lost in 2015
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Sam Smith, Channing Tatum, Gwyneth Paltrow and More!