”I thought you knew that pity was a four-letter word,” Lajon Witherspoon barks near the start of Sevendust’s sixth studio disc, Alpha. ”Now I feel the need to make you suffer,” he adds a few minutes later. At least he’s honest. The band mercilessly assaults listeners on songs like ”Aggression” and ”Confessions of Hatred,” burying every potential hook under a barrage of enraged howls and pummeling guitars. Witherspoon’s singing voice is far more expressive than his screams; too bad he uses it so infrequently here.
Alpha ''I thought you knew that pity was a four-letter word,'' Lajon Witherspoon barks near the start of Sevendust's sixth studio disc, AlphaAlphaMetal ''I thought you knew that pity was a four-letter word,'' Lajon Witherspoon barks near the start of Sevendust's sixth studio disc, Alpha2007-03-02
Genre: Metal; Producer (group): Asylum
Posted March 2 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Empire': Listen to 'Infamous' by Mariah Carey, Jussie Smollett & cast
- Marvel's 'Black Panther' has found another villain
- Brad Pitt takes voluntary drug test for DCFS investigation
- 'Blindspot': Can Jane trust Roman?
- Rob Lowe took over our Instagram story to tour the 'Code Black' set
- Miley Cyrus guest hosts 'Ellen' for sick Ellen DeGeneres
- Mel Gibson in talks for spy movie 'Every Other Weekend'