A few months ago, when EW dared ask Dame Helen Mirren who would be this year’s Best Actress, she threatened to throttle us. Now, we have our answer, and less than 12 hours after her coronation by the Academy, Mirren has a schedule as hectic as that of her onscreen alter ego Elizabeth II: a phone call to The Ellen DeGeneres Show; a gentle grilling by Oprah; a flight to London; and this brief moment of repose on a loading dock at Oscar’s home, the Kodak. Still, one mystery remains — whether the Queen has actually seen The Queen. ”I don’t know,” muses Mirren. ”But I imagine, just like a scene from the movie, somebody probably had to knock on her door and say, ‘Ma’am? That woman won the Academy Award!”’
Posted March 2 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- TV legend Norman Lear gives 6 strong opinions about American life
- 'Downton Abbey' cast on saying goodbye: 'We didn't want to leave'
- Zayn Malik congratulates One Direction on their ’sick’ new single
- Dr. Dre's new album, 'Compton,' coming Aug. 7
- 'Ghostbusters' cast surprises patients at Boston children's hospital
- Chris Pratt, James Gunn mark 'Guardians of the Galaxy's one-year anniversary
- Kelly Clarkson crushes cover of Miley Cyrus' ‘Wrecking Ball’
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!