A few months ago, when EW dared ask Dame Helen Mirren who would be this year’s Best Actress, she threatened to throttle us. Now, we have our answer, and less than 12 hours after her coronation by the Academy, Mirren has a schedule as hectic as that of her onscreen alter ego Elizabeth II: a phone call to The Ellen DeGeneres Show; a gentle grilling by Oprah; a flight to London; and this brief moment of repose on a loading dock at Oscar’s home, the Kodak. Still, one mystery remains — whether the Queen has actually seen The Queen. ”I don’t know,” muses Mirren. ”But I imagine, just like a scene from the movie, somebody probably had to knock on her door and say, ‘Ma’am? That woman won the Academy Award!”’
Posted March 2 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Rachel Bloom responds to being bashed for a red carpet look
- Alicia Vikander to play Lara Croft in 'Tomb Raider' reboot
- Lee Daniels options Jesmyn Ward's 'Men We Reaped'
- 'The Angry Birds Movie': Bringing the game's action to the big screen
- Hear a preview of Kesha and Zedd's 'True Colors'
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' was (literally) painful for Olivia Munn
- Box office preview: 'The Jungle Book' to best 'Keanu,' 'Mother’s Day'