A few months ago, when EW dared ask Dame Helen Mirren who would be this year’s Best Actress, she threatened to throttle us. Now, we have our answer, and less than 12 hours after her coronation by the Academy, Mirren has a schedule as hectic as that of her onscreen alter ego Elizabeth II: a phone call to The Ellen DeGeneres Show; a gentle grilling by Oprah; a flight to London; and this brief moment of repose on a loading dock at Oscar’s home, the Kodak. Still, one mystery remains — whether the Queen has actually seen The Queen. ”I don’t know,” muses Mirren. ”But I imagine, just like a scene from the movie, somebody probably had to knock on her door and say, ‘Ma’am? That woman won the Academy Award!”’
Posted March 2 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- See Melissa McCarthy and Paul Feig get batty in 'Spy' Blu-ray clip
- Ellen Pompeo: 'Grey's Anatomy' doesn't need McDreamy
- Tom Hardy brought his dog to the premiere of 'Legend'
- Just how well do you know 'Xena: Warrior Princess'?
- A-trak looks back on Fool's Gold Day Off's 5th birthday
- Jimmy Kimmel makes peace with gamers after week-long feud
- Joan Rivers remembered during special episode of 'Fashion Police'
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Tom Hardy, Alessandra Ambrósio, Bindi Irwin & More!