A few months ago, when EW dared ask Dame Helen Mirren who would be this year’s Best Actress, she threatened to throttle us. Now, we have our answer, and less than 12 hours after her coronation by the Academy, Mirren has a schedule as hectic as that of her onscreen alter ego Elizabeth II: a phone call to The Ellen DeGeneres Show; a gentle grilling by Oprah; a flight to London; and this brief moment of repose on a loading dock at Oscar’s home, the Kodak. Still, one mystery remains — whether the Queen has actually seen The Queen. ”I don’t know,” muses Mirren. ”But I imagine, just like a scene from the movie, somebody probably had to knock on her door and say, ‘Ma’am? That woman won the Academy Award!”’
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- 'Justified': Jere Burns on Mikey's loyalty and THAT scene
- 'Being Mary Jane' director on portraying racism on TV
- 'Finding Carter' returns with its best hour yet
- 'Cougar Town' series finale: How the cul-de-sac crew said goodbye
- Casting Net: Hugh Jackman in 'Apostle Paul,' Stephen Amell in 'TMNT 2'
- Joni Mitchell hospitalized: Report
- David Duchovny on 'Late Show': 'X-Files' revival plans return of Walter Skinner and Smoking Man
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!