Playing a detective who deals with sex crimes is difficult, but facing the possibility of losing her partner, Elliot (Christopher Meloni), was Mariska Hargitay’s heaviest challenge yet. ”Lou Diamond Phillips [a murderous kidnapper] has a gun to Elliot’s head,” recalls the actress, 43, about last season’s pivotal episode, titled ”Fault.” ”I’m negotiating [with him to drop the gun]. It was a painful, high-stakes scene. Elliot and I have to admit what we mean to each other…. He is everything that [my character] Olivia has. So this was where we really got that to pay off.”
Posted March 2 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Chris Hyndman, CBC talk show host, dies at 49
- ‘Wicked City’ producers say oral sex murder scene is ‘not violence porn’
- Final season of cult U.K. sitcom 'Peep Show' starts shooting
- Kelly Osbourne says she 'f---ed up' after comments about Latinos go viral
- See Ilana Glazer shake it like a Polaroid picture on 'Lip Sync Battle'
- Tavi Gevinson to guest-star on 'Scream Queens'
- A$AP Rocky and Tyler, the Creator are touring together