Playing a detective who deals with sex crimes is difficult, but facing the possibility of losing her partner, Elliot (Christopher Meloni), was Mariska Hargitay’s heaviest challenge yet. ”Lou Diamond Phillips [a murderous kidnapper] has a gun to Elliot’s head,” recalls the actress, 43, about last season’s pivotal episode, titled ”Fault.” ”I’m negotiating [with him to drop the gun]. It was a painful, high-stakes scene. Elliot and I have to admit what we mean to each other…. He is everything that [my character] Olivia has. So this was where we really got that to pay off.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- Adrianne Palicki talks 'Agents of SHIELD' and Bobbi: 'a really interesting struggle for her'
- 'Justified': Jere Burns on Mikey's loyalty and THAT scene
- 'Being Mary Jane' director on portraying racism on TV
- 'Finding Carter' returns with its best hour yet
- 'Cougar Town' series finale: How the cul-de-sac crew said goodbye
- Casting Net: Hugh Jackman in 'Apostle Paul,' Stephen Amell in 'TMNT 2'
- Joni Mitchell hospitalized: Report
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!