Playing a detective who deals with sex crimes is difficult, but facing the possibility of losing her partner, Elliot (Christopher Meloni), was Mariska Hargitay’s heaviest challenge yet. ”Lou Diamond Phillips [a murderous kidnapper] has a gun to Elliot’s head,” recalls the actress, 43, about last season’s pivotal episode, titled ”Fault.” ”I’m negotiating [with him to drop the gun]. It was a painful, high-stakes scene. Elliot and I have to admit what we mean to each other…. He is everything that [my character] Olivia has. So this was where we really got that to pay off.”
Posted March 2 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- See the Dixie Chicks cover Beyoncé's 'Daddy Lessons'
- New 'Call of Duty' teasers warn of a new enemy
- Beyoncé scores her sixth No. 1 album with 'Lemonade'
- Zac Efron once cried to try to get out of a ticket
- 'Friends' stars Matthew Perry and Matt LeBlanc reunite in London
- Paul McCartney meets women who inspired ‘Blackbird’ at Arkansas concert
- Patton Oswalt shares touching words from daughter after wife’s death
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch