Playing a detective who deals with sex crimes is difficult, but facing the possibility of losing her partner, Elliot (Christopher Meloni), was Mariska Hargitay’s heaviest challenge yet. ”Lou Diamond Phillips [a murderous kidnapper] has a gun to Elliot’s head,” recalls the actress, 43, about last season’s pivotal episode, titled ”Fault.” ”I’m negotiating [with him to drop the gun]. It was a painful, high-stakes scene. Elliot and I have to admit what we mean to each other…. He is everything that [my character] Olivia has. So this was where we really got that to pay off.”
Posted March 2 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Quantico' postmortem: Who's gone from the Academy?
- 'Walking Dead' prologue scene sets up Negan, second half of season 6
- 'The Walking Dead': Did the midseason finale satisfy?
- See My Morning Jacket cover Eagles of Death Metal
- Sinead O’Connor found safe after posting that she had ‘taken an overdose'
- See Tracee Ellis Ross perform on stage with mom Diana Ross
- John Legend serenades Chrissy Teigen for her 30th birthday