In My Songs would have been a solid addition to the soulful teddy bear’s 15-year solo catalog even if he hadn’t passed away at age 40 after recording it last year. His satin-smooth voice shines on the slow jams that dominate the 12-song set, as well as on a few well-executed nods to more up-tempo club vibes (”Fall Back,” ”What Cha Think About That”); many of his lyrics are about seduction, but they never cross the line into sleaze. It’s hard to imagine a more fitting memorial to Levert’s too-short life.
In My Songs In My Songs would have been a solid addition to the soulful teddy bear's 15-year solo catalog even if he hadn't passed away at age 40...In My SongsR&B In My Songs would have been a solid addition to the soulful teddy bear's 15-year solo catalog even if he hadn't passed away at age 40...2007-03-02
Genre: R&B; Lead Performer: Gerald Levert; Producer (group): Atlantic
Posted March 2 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Hayley Atwell studied the Clintons for 'Conviction' role
- Robin Williams' widow pens essay about his brain disorder
- Former 'Power Rangers' star denies killing his roommate with a sword
- Watch Britney Spears sing Taylor Swift's 'Shake It Off' on helium
- 'Once Upon a Time': Is there hope for Belle and Rumple?
- Colin Trevorrow: 'Jurassic World 2' will be 'suspenseful and scary'
- NBC scraps 'Mail Order Family' comedy after backlash