In My Songs would have been a solid addition to the soulful teddy bear’s 15-year solo catalog even if he hadn’t passed away at age 40 after recording it last year. His satin-smooth voice shines on the slow jams that dominate the 12-song set, as well as on a few well-executed nods to more up-tempo club vibes (”Fall Back,” ”What Cha Think About That”); many of his lyrics are about seduction, but they never cross the line into sleaze. It’s hard to imagine a more fitting memorial to Levert’s too-short life.
In My Songs In My Songs would have been a solid addition to the soulful teddy bear's 15-year solo catalog even if he hadn't passed away at age 40...In My SongsR&B In My Songs would have been a solid addition to the soulful teddy bear's 15-year solo catalog even if he hadn't passed away at age 40...2007-03-02
Genre: R&B; Lead Performer: Gerald Levert; Producer (group): Atlantic
Posted March 2 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Amazon defends making a TV show with Woody Allen
- Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale are divorcing
- 'Supergirl' taps Jenna Dewan-Tatum as Lucy Lane
- Jenny Slate declares 'Climate Deniers Be Cray!' in new video
- Kevin Bacon talks 'Cop Car': 'I'm numb to s--- blowing up'
- 'Game of Thrones' recasts familiar role with 'Exorcist' star
- 'Jem and the Holograms' tribute album out this week