In My Songs would have been a solid addition to the soulful teddy bear’s 15-year solo catalog even if he hadn’t passed away at age 40 after recording it last year. His satin-smooth voice shines on the slow jams that dominate the 12-song set, as well as on a few well-executed nods to more up-tempo club vibes (”Fall Back,” ”What Cha Think About That”); many of his lyrics are about seduction, but they never cross the line into sleaze. It’s hard to imagine a more fitting memorial to Levert’s too-short life.
In My Songs In My Songs would have been a solid addition to the soulful teddy bear's 15-year solo catalog even if he hadn't passed away at age 40...In My SongsR&B In My Songs would have been a solid addition to the soulful teddy bear's 15-year solo catalog even if he hadn't passed away at age 40...2007-03-02
Genre: R&B; Lead Performer: Gerald Levert; Producer (group): Atlantic
Posted March 2 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Ghostbusters' new car: Paul Feig reveals #whattheygonnadrive
- Gay marriage ruling movie in the works at Fox
- Casting Net: Ellen Page signs on for Iraq War drama Lioness
- Hillary Clinton talks 'SNL' impressions
- Miss USA pageant names new hosts
- Rosie Perez leaving 'The View'
- Jeff Goldblum and wife welcome first son on the only possible day
- 'American Idol Live!' tour photos: Let's go backstage!
- They look like THAT now? See some of the latest child stars all grown up
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- Khloé Kardashian, Paul Rudd, Taylor Swift & More!