In My Songs would have been a solid addition to the soulful teddy bear’s 15-year solo catalog even if he hadn’t passed away at age 40 after recording it last year. His satin-smooth voice shines on the slow jams that dominate the 12-song set, as well as on a few well-executed nods to more up-tempo club vibes (”Fall Back,” ”What Cha Think About That”); many of his lyrics are about seduction, but they never cross the line into sleaze. It’s hard to imagine a more fitting memorial to Levert’s too-short life.
In My Songs In My Songs would have been a solid addition to the soulful teddy bear's 15-year solo catalog even if he hadn't passed away at age 40...In My SongsR&B In My Songs would have been a solid addition to the soulful teddy bear's 15-year solo catalog even if he hadn't passed away at age 40...2007-03-02
Genre: R&B; Lead Performer: Gerald Levert; Producer (group): Atlantic
Posted March 2 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- On the set of 'American Horror Story: Hotel': A foursome with Lady Gaga and Matt Bomer
- Steven Spielberg’s DreamWorks could leave Disney next year
- 'Jack Reacher 2' starring Tom Cruise gets a release date
- Stan Lee says 'Fantastic Four' flopped because he didn’t have a cameo
- Dean Jones, The Love Bug and That Darn Cat actor, dies at 84
- 'Wildest Dreams' director responds to allegations of colonialism in Taylor Swift video
- How the new Oscar producers plan to change the show (and make it shorter)
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!