In My Songs would have been a solid addition to the soulful teddy bear’s 15-year solo catalog even if he hadn’t passed away at age 40 after recording it last year. His satin-smooth voice shines on the slow jams that dominate the 12-song set, as well as on a few well-executed nods to more up-tempo club vibes (”Fall Back,” ”What Cha Think About That”); many of his lyrics are about seduction, but they never cross the line into sleaze. It’s hard to imagine a more fitting memorial to Levert’s too-short life.
In My Songs In My Songs would have been a solid addition to the soulful teddy bear's 15-year solo catalog even if he hadn't passed away at age 40...In My SongsR&B In My Songs would have been a solid addition to the soulful teddy bear's 15-year solo catalog even if he hadn't passed away at age 40...2007-03-02
Genre: R&B; Lead Performer: Gerald Levert; Producer (group): Atlantic
Posted March 2 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Lip Sync Battle' bringing back celebrity champs for first live special
- Explicit photos of Leslie Jones leaked after website hack
- Ryan Lochte in talks to join 'Dancing with the Stars'
- 'Dirk Gently' teaser promises corpses, cops, and a killer
- New York Film Festival: Carrie Fisher film joins documentary lineup
- 'The Royals' gets season 3 premiere date, shirtless Prince Liam pics
- Starz renews 'Survivor's Remorse' for season 4
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...