Inspired by Eric Schlosser’s devastating 2001 exposé of the food-service industry, Richard Linklater’s muckraking film interweaves the travails of the illegal immigrants, McJob teens, and cover-your-ass marketing gurus who make up the dark underbelly of the American dream. EXTRAS ”Upton Sinclair was sort of hovering above us the whole time,” Linklater says in his commentary with Schlosser. But Bobby Cannavale, who plays a predatory factory boss, wasn’t convinced: ”By the way,” he says in a making-of, ”I’m still going to eat meat.” A-
(Fast Food Nation: Matt Lankes)
Genre: Drama; Starring: Catalina Sandino Moreno, Greg Kinnear, Wilmer Valderrama, Luis Guzman, Ethan Hawke, Kris Kristofferson; Director: Richard Linklater; Author: Richard Linklater, Eric Schlosser; Release Date Wide: 11/17/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 106; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Fox Searchlight Pictures
Posted March 5 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Pretty Little Liars': Torrey DeVitto says goodbye to Melissa Hastings
- Josh Gad boards Kenneth Branagh's 'Murder on the Orient Express'
- Box Office Preview: 'Madea,' 'Jack Reacher' Battle for No. 1
- 'Miss Peregrine's' author to pen second trilogy
- Gugu Mbatha-Raw joins Ava DuVernay’s 'A Wrinkle In Time'
- First 'Nashville' season 5 promo confirms Hayden Panettiere's return
- Neon Trees frontman Tyler Glenn to perform at EW PopFest