Inspired by Eric Schlosser’s devastating 2001 exposé of the food-service industry, Richard Linklater’s muckraking film interweaves the travails of the illegal immigrants, McJob teens, and cover-your-ass marketing gurus who make up the dark underbelly of the American dream. EXTRAS ”Upton Sinclair was sort of hovering above us the whole time,” Linklater says in his commentary with Schlosser. But Bobby Cannavale, who plays a predatory factory boss, wasn’t convinced: ”By the way,” he says in a making-of, ”I’m still going to eat meat.” A-
(Fast Food Nation: Matt Lankes)
Genre: Drama; Starring: Catalina Sandino Moreno, Greg Kinnear, Wilmer Valderrama, Luis Guzman, Ethan Hawke, Kris Kristofferson; Director: Richard Linklater; Author: Richard Linklater, Eric Schlosser; Release Date Wide: 11/17/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 106; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Fox Searchlight Pictures
Posted March 5 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Arthur Conan Doyle's estate is suing Miramax over 'Mr. Holmes'
- A$AP Rocky and Schoolboy Q shock with 'Electric Body'
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen aren't returning for Netflix's 'Fuller House'
- Two more (unofficial) Drake songs leak, including Tinashe collaboration
- Bask in '90s nostalgia with this a ca-mazing 'Boy Meets World' medley
- Michael B. Jordan: Why I’m Torching the color line in 'Fantastic Four'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- George Clooney, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell & Zoë and More!