Inspired by Eric Schlosser’s devastating 2001 exposé of the food-service industry, Richard Linklater’s muckraking film interweaves the travails of the illegal immigrants, McJob teens, and cover-your-ass marketing gurus who make up the dark underbelly of the American dream. EXTRAS ”Upton Sinclair was sort of hovering above us the whole time,” Linklater says in his commentary with Schlosser. But Bobby Cannavale, who plays a predatory factory boss, wasn’t convinced: ”By the way,” he says in a making-of, ”I’m still going to eat meat.” A-
(Fast Food Nation: Matt Lankes)
Genre: Drama; Starring: Catalina Sandino Moreno, Greg Kinnear, Wilmer Valderrama, Luis Guzman, Ethan Hawke, Kris Kristofferson; Director: Richard Linklater; Author: Richard Linklater, Eric Schlosser; Release Date Wide: 11/17/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 106; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Fox Searchlight Pictures
Posted March 5 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Once Upon a Time' promo reveals heartbreaking death
- Jack Black meets the cast of Broadway's 'School of Rock'
- See Ellen DeGeneres scare Chris Evans and Elizabeth Olsen
- See the Dixie Chicks cover Beyoncé's 'Daddy Lessons'
- New 'Call of Duty' teasers warn of a new enemy
- Beyoncé scores her sixth No. 1 album with 'Lemonade'
- Zac Efron once cried to try to get out of a ticket
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch