Inspired by Eric Schlosser’s devastating 2001 exposé of the food-service industry, Richard Linklater’s muckraking film interweaves the travails of the illegal immigrants, McJob teens, and cover-your-ass marketing gurus who make up the dark underbelly of the American dream. EXTRAS ”Upton Sinclair was sort of hovering above us the whole time,” Linklater says in his commentary with Schlosser. But Bobby Cannavale, who plays a predatory factory boss, wasn’t convinced: ”By the way,” he says in a making-of, ”I’m still going to eat meat.” A-
(Fast Food Nation: Matt Lankes)
Genre: Drama; Starring: Catalina Sandino Moreno, Greg Kinnear, Wilmer Valderrama, Luis Guzman, Ethan Hawke, Kris Kristofferson; Director: Richard Linklater; Author: Richard Linklater, Eric Schlosser; Release Date Wide: 11/17/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 106; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Fox Searchlight Pictures
Posted March 5 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Jurassic World' exhibit will feature life-size animatronic dinosaurs
- Tiffany 'New York' Pollard is hosting a unique gay dating series
- Honest Trailers' take on 'Batman: The Killing Joke' is no laughing matter
- Tilda Swinton talks The Ancient One in 'Doctor Strange' sneak peek video
- J.K. Rowling saw Amy Schumer's stand-up show and loved it
- Adam Scott and Craig Robinson team up for paranormal comedy 'Ghosted'
- EW PopFest: Here's everything you need to know!