Inspired by Eric Schlosser’s devastating 2001 exposé of the food-service industry, Richard Linklater’s muckraking film interweaves the travails of the illegal immigrants, McJob teens, and cover-your-ass marketing gurus who make up the dark underbelly of the American dream. EXTRAS ”Upton Sinclair was sort of hovering above us the whole time,” Linklater says in his commentary with Schlosser. But Bobby Cannavale, who plays a predatory factory boss, wasn’t convinced: ”By the way,” he says in a making-of, ”I’m still going to eat meat.” A-
(Fast Food Nation: Matt Lankes)
Genre: Drama; Starring: Catalina Sandino Moreno, Greg Kinnear, Wilmer Valderrama, Luis Guzman, Ethan Hawke, Kris Kristofferson; Director: Richard Linklater; Author: Richard Linklater, Eric Schlosser; Release Date Wide: 11/17/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 106; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Fox Searchlight Pictures
Posted March 5 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- See Adele photobomb fans in 'Live in London' concert special
- Ben Stiller on the death of his mother, Anne Meara: 'It affects me constantly'
- Paul Rudd & Steve Coogan to play a couple in 'An Ideal Home'
- Chris Rock brings the wine for a Shondaland Oscars in new promos
- Betty White gives 'Deadpool' four 'Golden Girls' in profanity-filled review
- Kanye West tweets about ‘The Life of Pablo’ delay
- See Justin Timberlake's cover of Bell Biv DeVoe's 'Poison'