Inspired by Eric Schlosser’s devastating 2001 exposé of the food-service industry, Richard Linklater’s muckraking film interweaves the travails of the illegal immigrants, McJob teens, and cover-your-ass marketing gurus who make up the dark underbelly of the American dream. EXTRAS ”Upton Sinclair was sort of hovering above us the whole time,” Linklater says in his commentary with Schlosser. But Bobby Cannavale, who plays a predatory factory boss, wasn’t convinced: ”By the way,” he says in a making-of, ”I’m still going to eat meat.” A-
(Fast Food Nation: Matt Lankes)
Genre: Drama; Starring: Catalina Sandino Moreno, Greg Kinnear, Wilmer Valderrama, Luis Guzman, Ethan Hawke, Kris Kristofferson; Director: Richard Linklater; Author: Richard Linklater, Eric Schlosser; Release Date Wide: 11/17/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 106; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Fox Searchlight Pictures
Posted March 5 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Composer John Williams scores AFI Life Achievement Award
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' debuts with scary good ratings
- Bruno Mars teams with 'Empire' producer for NBC family comedy
- See the trailer for Janis Joplin documentary 'Janis: Little Girl Blue'
- Ellen DeGeneres coordinates Jessie J duet with viral video cohort, and it's perfect
- 'Doctor Who' spin-off 'Class' boss Patrick Ness aims to 'shock you with something new'
- Academy announces 81 contenders for foreign-language Oscar