Welcome to Mo Hayder’s charming Pig Island, inhabited by religious cultists, feral pigs, tubs of toxic waste, and, according to lore, a ”biforme” — a grotesque hybrid creature that’s half human, half beast. British reporter Joe Oakes can’t resist an assignment to write about the place, but by the end of this propulsive gorefest he will wish he had. Hayder specializes in baroque horror, and her best work, like 2005’s The Devil of Nanking, is smartly written and transcendently creepy. This novel is merely creepy, a skin-crawling cross (if you can imagine such a biforme) between The Last Seduction and Splash.
Pig Island Welcome to Mo Hayder's charming Pig Island, inhabited by religious cultists, feral pigs, tubs of toxic waste, and, according to lore, a...Pig IslandFiction, Mystery and ThrillerMo Hayder Welcome to Mo Hayder's charming Pig Island, inhabited by religious cultists, feral pigs, tubs of toxic waste, and, according to lore, a...2007-03-08Atlantic Monthly Press
Genre: Fiction, Mystery and Thriller; Author: Mo Hayder; Publisher: Atlantic Monthly Press
Posted March 8 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Can the 'Legends of Tomorrow' ever truly defeat Vandal Savage?
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds on how he was forced into 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine'
- Casting Net: Taraji P. Henson to star in Hidden Figures
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Ellen Pompeo on Meredith-centric midseason return
- Nasim Pedrad to play teenage boy in Fox pilot 'Chad: An American Boy'
- A house divided in 'House of Cards' season 4 trailer
- 'Gilmore Girls' revival casts former 'Bunheads' star Sutton Foster
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday