Welcome to Mo Hayder’s charming Pig Island, inhabited by religious cultists, feral pigs, tubs of toxic waste, and, according to lore, a ”biforme” — a grotesque hybrid creature that’s half human, half beast. British reporter Joe Oakes can’t resist an assignment to write about the place, but by the end of this propulsive gorefest he will wish he had. Hayder specializes in baroque horror, and her best work, like 2005’s The Devil of Nanking, is smartly written and transcendently creepy. This novel is merely creepy, a skin-crawling cross (if you can imagine such a biforme) between The Last Seduction and Splash.
Pig Island Welcome to Mo Hayder's charming Pig Island, inhabited by religious cultists, feral pigs, tubs of toxic waste, and, according to lore, a...Pig IslandFiction, Mystery and ThrillerMo Hayder Welcome to Mo Hayder's charming Pig Island, inhabited by religious cultists, feral pigs, tubs of toxic waste, and, according to lore, a...2007-03-08Atlantic Monthly Press
Genre: Fiction, Mystery and Thriller; Author: Mo Hayder; Publisher: Atlantic Monthly Press
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- Casting Net: 'Revenge' star Emily VanCamp returns for 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Jennifer Love Hewitt not returning to 'Criminal Minds': EW exclusive
- 'Kevin Hart: What Now?' and 'Barbershop 3' given 2016 release dates
- 'Mindy Project' axed at Fox; hope at Hulu?
- 'Vampire Diaries': Julie Plec on how to make the perfect finale (when Nina Dobrev is leaving)
- 'Last Man Standing' replaces showrunner
- Free Comic Book Day: 15 superhero must-reads
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- Chrissy & John, Reese Witherspoon, Charles Esten & More!