Welcome to Mo Hayder’s charming Pig Island, inhabited by religious cultists, feral pigs, tubs of toxic waste, and, according to lore, a ”biforme” — a grotesque hybrid creature that’s half human, half beast. British reporter Joe Oakes can’t resist an assignment to write about the place, but by the end of this propulsive gorefest he will wish he had. Hayder specializes in baroque horror, and her best work, like 2005’s The Devil of Nanking, is smartly written and transcendently creepy. This novel is merely creepy, a skin-crawling cross (if you can imagine such a biforme) between The Last Seduction and Splash.
Pig Island Welcome to Mo Hayder's charming Pig Island, inhabited by religious cultists, feral pigs, tubs of toxic waste, and, according to lore, a...Pig IslandFiction, Mystery and ThrillerMo Hayder Welcome to Mo Hayder's charming Pig Island, inhabited by religious cultists, feral pigs, tubs of toxic waste, and, according to lore, a...2007-03-08Atlantic Monthly Press
Genre: Fiction, Mystery and Thriller; Author: Mo Hayder; Publisher: Atlantic Monthly Press
Posted March 8 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Big Brother': Julie Chen answers our burning Qs
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay decides not to direct 'Black Panther': 'We just didn't see eye to eye'
- LeBron James: Hollywood's newest MVP
- Know this week's pop culture news? Take EW's quiz to find out
- 10 celebrity memoirs to devour this summer
- Celebrate Independence Day with Steven Tyler's new country video
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!