Welcome to Mo Hayder’s charming Pig Island, inhabited by religious cultists, feral pigs, tubs of toxic waste, and, according to lore, a ”biforme” — a grotesque hybrid creature that’s half human, half beast. British reporter Joe Oakes can’t resist an assignment to write about the place, but by the end of this propulsive gorefest he will wish he had. Hayder specializes in baroque horror, and her best work, like 2005’s The Devil of Nanking, is smartly written and transcendently creepy. This novel is merely creepy, a skin-crawling cross (if you can imagine such a biforme) between The Last Seduction and Splash.
Pig Island Welcome to Mo Hayder's charming Pig Island, inhabited by religious cultists, feral pigs, tubs of toxic waste, and, according to lore, a...Pig IslandFiction, Mystery and ThrillerMo Hayder Welcome to Mo Hayder's charming Pig Island, inhabited by religious cultists, feral pigs, tubs of toxic waste, and, according to lore, a...2007-03-08Atlantic Monthly Press
Genre: Fiction, Mystery and Thriller; Author: Mo Hayder; Publisher: Atlantic Monthly Press
Posted March 8 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Ed Sheeran sang 'Rainbow Connection' with Kermit the Frog and had the time of his life
- Watch Coldplay's hilarious 'Game of Thrones' musical
- 'Wayward Pines' exec producer Chad Hodge's post-show dish: Why (SPOILER) had to die
- Casting Net: Gabrielle Union heading to Jamie Foxx action film 'Sleepless Night'
- 'The View' eyeing two new cohosts?
- 'The Help' director Tate Taylor to helm 'Girl on the Train'
- Pete Davidson live tweets his 'Harry Potter' marathon, gives 'dope as f---' review
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- Kendall & Lily, Jon Bon Jovi, Chanel Iman and More!