Welcome to Mo Hayder’s charming Pig Island, inhabited by religious cultists, feral pigs, tubs of toxic waste, and, according to lore, a ”biforme” — a grotesque hybrid creature that’s half human, half beast. British reporter Joe Oakes can’t resist an assignment to write about the place, but by the end of this propulsive gorefest he will wish he had. Hayder specializes in baroque horror, and her best work, like 2005’s The Devil of Nanking, is smartly written and transcendently creepy. This novel is merely creepy, a skin-crawling cross (if you can imagine such a biforme) between The Last Seduction and Splash.
Pig Island Welcome to Mo Hayder's charming Pig Island, inhabited by religious cultists, feral pigs, tubs of toxic waste, and, according to lore, a...Pig IslandFiction, Mystery and ThrillerMo Hayder Welcome to Mo Hayder's charming Pig Island, inhabited by religious cultists, feral pigs, tubs of toxic waste, and, according to lore, a...2007-03-08Atlantic Monthly Press
Genre: Fiction, Mystery and Thriller; Author: Mo Hayder; Publisher: Atlantic Monthly Press
Posted March 8 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Hugh Dancy explains that shocking 'Hannibal' series finale
- 'Hannibal' music supervisor on working with Siouxsie Sioux for the finale's song
- Ansel Elgort remembers former classmate after his death
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!