A neurotic Californian (Cameron Diaz) and a lovelorn Brit (Kate Winslet, again unfairly cast as the ”plain” one) impulsively swap homes for the holidays. Despite being on the mend after fizzled relationships, both overcome heartbreak (and jet lag) in record time. EXTRAS Writer-director Nancy Meyers discusses finding inspiration in classics like Nothing Sacred and Some Like It Hot (she sees shades of Carole Lombard in Diaz’s spastic performance); the ladies and costars Jack Black and Jude Law swap compliments in behind-the-scenes interviews. B
Genre: Romance, Comedy; Starring: Jack Black, Cameron Diaz, Jude Law, Kate Winslet, Ed Burns, Eli Wallach; Director: Nancy Meyers; Author: Nancy Meyers; Release Date Wide: 12/08/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 135; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Sony Pictures Entertainment
Posted March 9 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Lin-Manuel Miranda live-tweeted commentary for 'Hamilton's America'
- J.K. Rowling loves Amy Schumer's book
- Chris Pratt encourages people to go outside and look for trolls
- Kanye West scored Kardashian family movies to 'Only One' for Kim's birthday
- 'Once Upon a Time' star says Robin Hood return provides closure
- Jason Sudeikis duets with Harry Connick Jr. as Harry Connick Jr.
- Chris Pine cast in Ava DuVernay's 'A Wrinkle in Time'