A neurotic Californian (Cameron Diaz) and a lovelorn Brit (Kate Winslet, again unfairly cast as the ”plain” one) impulsively swap homes for the holidays. Despite being on the mend after fizzled relationships, both overcome heartbreak (and jet lag) in record time. EXTRAS Writer-director Nancy Meyers discusses finding inspiration in classics like Nothing Sacred and Some Like It Hot (she sees shades of Carole Lombard in Diaz’s spastic performance); the ladies and costars Jack Black and Jude Law swap compliments in behind-the-scenes interviews. B
Genre: Romance, Comedy; Starring: Jack Black, Cameron Diaz, Jude Law, Kate Winslet, Ed Burns, Eli Wallach; Director: Nancy Meyers; Author: Nancy Meyers; Release Date Wide: 12/08/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 135; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Sony Pictures Entertainment
Posted March 9 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Mark Hamill to return as The Joker for 'The Killing Joke'
- Hugh Jackman shares final ‘Wolverine’ teaser image
- Casting Net: Morgan Freeman leads up action film 'Down to a Sunless Sea'
- 'The Bachelorette': And the 'winner' is...
- Richard Linklater in talks to direct Jennifer Lawrence in 'The Rosie Project'
- 'All the Bright Places' starring Elle Fanning finds its director
- HBO developing new Wild West drama series 'Untamed'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Matthew & Keri, Katy Perry, Cate Blanchett & More!