First came Rocky Balboa. Then, Invincible’s Vince Papale. Make way for Philly’s newest long shot. Oscar nominee Terrence Howard plays Jim Ellis, who, with the help of a graying janitor (Bernie Mac) and a group of troubled teens, founded the City of Brotherly Love’s first African-American swim team in the mid-1970s. We love the smell of chlorine in the morning… smells like victory! (March 23)
(Pride: Saeed Adyani)
Posted March 11 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- DNC: Chelsea Clinton references 'A Wrinkle in Time,' 'Police Academy'
- Hillary Clinton quotes 'Hamilton,' slams Trump in rousing DNC speech
- Twitter reacts to Morgan Freeman-narrated Hillary Clinton doc
- 'The Voice': Bette Midler serving as mentor for Team Blake
- Shonda Rhimes on Hillary Clinton DNC film: 'I didn't have to add a plot twist!'
- Katy Perry performs 'Rise,' 'Roar' at DNC for Hillary Clinton
- Chloë Grace Moretz urges millennials to vote Hillary at DNC