Have you seen Gap’s cutesy commercial for the ”new” Boyfriend Trouser starring Claire Danes and Patrick Wilson, the handsome fallen football hero from Little Children? (Although, let’s be real, can we call them new? I feel like every time I walk into that store I see some khakis like these, oh and I always see these too.) Turns out Angela Chase has been rediscovering her dance background in the last couple years, while Wilson is an accomplished Broadway performer, so it makes sense. This reminds me of those great Gap ads from back in the day that featured swing-dancing models and group singalongs to “Mellow Yellow” (look for then-unknowns Rashida Jones and Monet Mazur in this one). Unfortunately, however clever and charming an ad this may be (it was directed by Jonathan Datyon and Valerie Faris, the husband-wife directors of Little Miss Sunshine), it does not inspire me to buy these pants. (The baggy look isn’t very booty-friendly.) Still, it’s time to ask: Is Gap bringing their awesome ads back?
Posted March 12 2007 — 10:05 PM EDT
- 'Guilt' canceled by Freeform after one season
- 'Grey's Anatomy': Will DeLuca and Maggie ever reunite?
- Watch Lady Gaga dedicate emotional Dive Bar Tour set to her father
- Trump booed at charity dinner while cracking Clinton jokes
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' reveals Michaela's mom
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' boss, Liza Weil on that shocking hookup
- Carol Burnett to star in Amy Poehler-produced ABC comedy pilot