Reality TV often consists of greasy hybrids — it’s The Osbournes meets Andrew Dice Clay! — and this exposé of how the reality sausage gets made, is itself less than pure. American Cannibal: The Road to Reality follows two writers, Gil Ripley and Dave Roberts (if it’s possible to be smugly self-deprecating, that’s these guys), as they pitch a who-will-lose-his-cherry series called Virgin Territory. (It’s currently casting.) The ”documentary” then turns into a didactic hoax, with a pilot for a Survivor-gone-cannibal show. The writers act shocked at how low they are stooping, but given their desire to write sitcoms, you have to wonder.
American Cannibal: The Road to RealityReality TV often consists of greasy hybrids — it's The Osbournes meets Andrew Dice Clay! — and this exposé of how the reality...American Cannibal: The Road to RealityDocumentaryPT87MUnratedReality TV often consists of greasy hybrids — it's The Osbournes meets Andrew Dice Clay! — and this exposé of how the reality...2007-03-14Lifesize
Genre: Documentary; Director: Perry Grebin, Michael Nigro; Release Date Limited: 03/16/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 87; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Lifesize
Posted March 14 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Larry David hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Listen to Chrisette Michele's a cappella cover of Adele's 'Hello'
- 'Zoolander 2' tries to recreate the magic of Magnum in new clip
- Tony Goldwyn teases Fitz's state of mind in 'Scandal' return
- Lady Gaga says Super Bowl performance is one of the highest honors
- Beyonce surprises with powerful new single, 'Formation'
- Olivia Munn teases her Psylocke fight scene in 'X-Men: Apocalypse'