Reality TV often consists of greasy hybrids — it’s The Osbournes meets Andrew Dice Clay! — and this exposé of how the reality sausage gets made, is itself less than pure. American Cannibal: The Road to Reality follows two writers, Gil Ripley and Dave Roberts (if it’s possible to be smugly self-deprecating, that’s these guys), as they pitch a who-will-lose-his-cherry series called Virgin Territory. (It’s currently casting.) The ”documentary” then turns into a didactic hoax, with a pilot for a Survivor-gone-cannibal show. The writers act shocked at how low they are stooping, but given their desire to write sitcoms, you have to wonder.
American Cannibal: The Road to RealityReality TV often consists of greasy hybrids — it's The Osbournes meets Andrew Dice Clay! — and this exposé of how the reality...American Cannibal: The Road to RealityDocumentaryPT87MUnratedReality TV often consists of greasy hybrids — it's The Osbournes meets Andrew Dice Clay! — and this exposé of how the reality...2007-03-14Lifesize
Genre: Documentary; Director: Perry Grebin, Michael Nigro; Release Date Limited: 03/16/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 87; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Lifesize
Posted March 14 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Oakland warehouse manager refuses to answer questions on 'TODAY'
- Bloody poster for thriller 'Raw' asks, 'What are you hungry for?'
- No, Andy Cohen is not high on 'Watch What Happens Live'
- See the ultimate supercut of 2016's best movies
- Fiona Apple calls out Donald Trump in 'Christmas Song' parody
- Grammys 2017: The year's 11 biggest snubs
- Watch this jam-packed mash-up of 2016's movie trailers
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans