Reality TV often consists of greasy hybrids — it’s The Osbournes meets Andrew Dice Clay! — and this exposé of how the reality sausage gets made, is itself less than pure. American Cannibal: The Road to Reality follows two writers, Gil Ripley and Dave Roberts (if it’s possible to be smugly self-deprecating, that’s these guys), as they pitch a who-will-lose-his-cherry series called Virgin Territory. (It’s currently casting.) The ”documentary” then turns into a didactic hoax, with a pilot for a Survivor-gone-cannibal show. The writers act shocked at how low they are stooping, but given their desire to write sitcoms, you have to wonder.
American Cannibal: The Road to RealityReality TV often consists of greasy hybrids — it's The Osbournes meets Andrew Dice Clay! — and this exposé of how the reality...American Cannibal: The Road to RealityDocumentaryPT87MUnratedReality TV often consists of greasy hybrids — it's The Osbournes meets Andrew Dice Clay! — and this exposé of how the reality...2007-03-14Lifesize
Genre: Documentary; Director: Perry Grebin, Michael Nigro; Runtime (in minutes): 87; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Lifesize
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- 'Outlander' boss Ronald Moore talks Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on series' sexy, surreal return
- Tatiana Maslany on 'Orphan Black' return, and 'totally changing up what people were going to expect'
- Jonathan Crombie, seen as Gilbert Blythe in 'Anne of Green Gables' films, dies at 48
- Johnny Kemp, 'Just Got Paid' singer, dies
- Star Wars Celebration: Jakku, BB-8 and other key takeaways about 'The Force Awakens'
- Two generations of heroes meet in new 'Star Wars Rebels' trailer
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!