Reality TV often consists of greasy hybrids — it’s The Osbournes meets Andrew Dice Clay! — and this exposé of how the reality sausage gets made, is itself less than pure. American Cannibal: The Road to Reality follows two writers, Gil Ripley and Dave Roberts (if it’s possible to be smugly self-deprecating, that’s these guys), as they pitch a who-will-lose-his-cherry series called Virgin Territory. (It’s currently casting.) The ”documentary” then turns into a didactic hoax, with a pilot for a Survivor-gone-cannibal show. The writers act shocked at how low they are stooping, but given their desire to write sitcoms, you have to wonder.
American Cannibal: The Road to RealityReality TV often consists of greasy hybrids — it's The Osbournes meets Andrew Dice Clay! — and this exposé of how the reality...American Cannibal: The Road to RealityDocumentaryPT87MUnratedReality TV often consists of greasy hybrids — it's The Osbournes meets Andrew Dice Clay! — and this exposé of how the reality...2007-03-14Lifesize
Genre: Documentary; Director: Perry Grebin, Michael Nigro; Release Date Limited: 03/16/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 87; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Lifesize
Posted March 14 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kelly Clarkson performs 'It's Quiet Uptown' on 'TODAY'
- Best of 2016: How 'Deadpool' became a record-breaking viral sensation
- 'Fast 8' trailer gets release date
- James Van Der Beek and Michelle Williams have a 'Dawson's Creek' reunion
- Jimmy Kimmel to host 2017 Oscars ceremony
- Critics' Choice Awards: Which movie should win Best Picture?
- Jude Law alarms everyone as 'The Young Pope' in tense new trailer
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday