Reality TV often consists of greasy hybrids — it’s The Osbournes meets Andrew Dice Clay! — and this exposé of how the reality sausage gets made, is itself less than pure. American Cannibal: The Road to Reality follows two writers, Gil Ripley and Dave Roberts (if it’s possible to be smugly self-deprecating, that’s these guys), as they pitch a who-will-lose-his-cherry series called Virgin Territory. (It’s currently casting.) The ”documentary” then turns into a didactic hoax, with a pilot for a Survivor-gone-cannibal show. The writers act shocked at how low they are stooping, but given their desire to write sitcoms, you have to wonder.
American Cannibal: The Road to RealityReality TV often consists of greasy hybrids — it's The Osbournes meets Andrew Dice Clay! — and this exposé of how the reality...American Cannibal: The Road to RealityDocumentaryPT87MUnratedReality TV often consists of greasy hybrids — it's The Osbournes meets Andrew Dice Clay! — and this exposé of how the reality...2007-03-14Lifesize
Genre: Documentary; Director: Perry Grebin, Michael Nigro; Runtime (in minutes): 87; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Lifesize
Posted March 14 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Former 'Mad Men' stars talk saying goodbye and the 'brilliantly talented' Jon Hamm
- Watch Ed Sheeran surprise a couple on their wedding day
- Pentangle founding member John Renbourn dies at 70
- Taylor Swift is one of the 'World's Greatest Leaders,' according to 'Fortune'
- Box office preview: 'Home' faces off against 'Get Hard'
- 'It Follows' star says response to film has been 'crazy'
- The world's friendliest Satanist stars in Suneaters' 'Hey Bros!' video -- exclusive
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- T.I. & Kevin, Jon Hamm, Olivia & Jason and More!