A billionaire geezer (James Garner) dies, leaving behind video messages introducing 12 ”gifts” — i.e., tests — meant to teach his brat grandson (Drew Fuller) how to value life. So The Ultimate Gift is kind of like a feel-good Saw for churchgoers, minus the sadistic games of death. Not that overtly religious, just shameless, the movie picks up when our hero befriends Abigail Breslin as a cutie with leukemia. Then it nose-dives when he hits South America, where he is held hostage by banditos. Is that another test or just poor travel planning?
Genre: Drama; Starring: Abigail Breslin, Drew Fuller, James Garner; Director: Michael O. Sajbel; Author: Cheryl McKay; Release Date Wide: 03/09/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 114; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Fox Faith
Posted March 14 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Clark Gregg on whether 'Agents of SHIELD' will ever encounter mutants
- Watch Aladdin and Jasmine reunite for 'A Whole New World'
- New York Comic Con: What we learned from the 'Once Upon a Time' panel
- See Dwayne Johnson's latest post-gym dance moves
- Ava DuVernay, Catherine Hardwicke respond to Hollywood gender discrimination probe
- There will be magazine cover drama in Lifetime's 'Melrose Place' movie
- 'Blindspot' gets full season order