A billionaire geezer (James Garner) dies, leaving behind video messages introducing 12 ”gifts” — i.e., tests — meant to teach his brat grandson (Drew Fuller) how to value life. So The Ultimate Gift is kind of like a feel-good Saw for churchgoers, minus the sadistic games of death. Not that overtly religious, just shameless, the movie picks up when our hero befriends Abigail Breslin as a cutie with leukemia. Then it nose-dives when he hits South America, where he is held hostage by banditos. Is that another test or just poor travel planning?
Genre: Drama; Starring: Abigail Breslin, Drew Fuller, James Garner; Director: Michael O. Sajbel; Author: Cheryl McKay; Release Date Wide: 03/09/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 114; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Fox Faith
Posted March 14 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Star Wars Battlefront': 'Battle of Jakku' content available today for pre-order players
- See Pentatonix perform on 'Charlie Brown' Christmas special
- Jared Leto says his Joker will make Heath Ledger, Jack Nicholson proud
- David Spade looks back at his time working with Chris Farley on 'SNL'
- Trevor Noah on Planned Parenthood shooting: 'Just call it terrorism'
- Lil Wayne announces The Dedication tour with Rae Sremmurd
- See James Corden as the lost (and 'best-looking') member of 5SOS