A billionaire geezer (James Garner) dies, leaving behind video messages introducing 12 ”gifts” — i.e., tests — meant to teach his brat grandson (Drew Fuller) how to value life. So The Ultimate Gift is kind of like a feel-good Saw for churchgoers, minus the sadistic games of death. Not that overtly religious, just shameless, the movie picks up when our hero befriends Abigail Breslin as a cutie with leukemia. Then it nose-dives when he hits South America, where he is held hostage by banditos. Is that another test or just poor travel planning?
Genre: Drama; Starring: Abigail Breslin, Drew Fuller, James Garner; Director: Michael O. Sajbel; Author: Cheryl McKay; Release Date Wide: 03/09/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 114; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Fox Faith
Posted March 14 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Amy Schumer and Paul Feig to pair up for new comedy
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Outlander,' 'SVU,' 'Graceland' and more
- 'Supergirl' leaked to piracy sites
- Read your way through New Orleans
- The 50 Most Watched Broadcast Shows of 2014-15
- Extreme Fan Club with Chris Pratt -- exclusive video
- EW's definitive ranking of the top 10 'Pac-Man' ghosts
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- George Clooney, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell & Zoë and More!