In Mira Nair’s marvelous and moving cross-cultural family saga, a Bengali couple (Irrfan Khan and Tabu) make a home in the New York suburbs. Kal Penn, in a fantastic performance, is their son, whose love-hate, push-pull relationship with his heritage forms the film’s spiritual core. The movie is a bit too episodic, but it will speak to anyone who ever felt pulled in different directions by his own heart.
Genre: Drama; Starring: Irfan Khan, Kal Penn, Jacinda Barrett, Tabu; Director: Mira Nair; Author: Sooni Taraporevala; Release Date Wide: 03/09/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 122; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Fox Searchlight Pictures
Posted March 16 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Ghostbusters' teaser shows first footage, announces trailer date
- See Jennifer Lawrence rock out at Adele's Los Angeles concert
- Ryan Reynolds helps young 'Deadpool' fan battling cancer
- See Leslie Jones describe her perfect man on 'SNL'
- 'Spotlight,' 'Mad Men,' 'The Big Short' win big at WGA Awards
- Box office: 'Deadpool' shatters records with $135 million
- See Ronda Rousey's 'Sports Illustrated' Swimsuit Issue cover