In Mira Nair’s marvelous and moving cross-cultural family saga, a Bengali couple (Irrfan Khan and Tabu) make a home in the New York suburbs. Kal Penn, in a fantastic performance, is their son, whose love-hate, push-pull relationship with his heritage forms the film’s spiritual core. The movie is a bit too episodic, but it will speak to anyone who ever felt pulled in different directions by his own heart.
Genre: Drama; Starring: Irfan Khan, Kal Penn, Jacinda Barrett, Tabu; Director: Mira Nair; Author: Sooni Taraporevala; Release Date Wide: 03/09/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 122; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Fox Searchlight Pictures
Posted March 16 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Brad Paisley gets ready for football season with 'Country Nation' video
- Selena Gomez is officially in 'Neighbors 2'
- Interracial family comedy in the works at NBC, from Parks and Recreation pair
- Emily Ratajkowski is over 'Blurred Lines': 'It's the bane of my existence'
- Janet Jackson shares powerful new single, 'Unbreakable'
- ESPN extends Curt Schilling's suspension through MLB season
- Benicio Del Toro hints again at 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' involvement
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!