In Mira Nair’s marvelous and moving cross-cultural family saga, a Bengali couple (Irrfan Khan and Tabu) make a home in the New York suburbs. Kal Penn, in a fantastic performance, is their son, whose love-hate, push-pull relationship with his heritage forms the film’s spiritual core. The movie is a bit too episodic, but it will speak to anyone who ever felt pulled in different directions by his own heart.
Genre: Drama; Starring: Irfan Khan, Kal Penn, Jacinda Barrett, Tabu; Director: Mira Nair; Author: Sooni Taraporevala; Release Date Wide: 03/09/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 122; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Fox Searchlight Pictures
Posted March 16 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kit Harington and Alicia Vikander are a darling 'Testament of Youth' in exclusive clip
- 'Jaws' turns 40, returns to theaters for another feeding
- J.K. Rowling blasts Westboro Baptist Church over anti-gay marriage tweet
- Jon Stewart slams FIFA fraud scandal
- '19 Kids and Counting' spinoff may be in the works
- 'Game of Thrones' star explains (again) why she turned down '50 Shades of Grey'
- Read an exclusive excerpt from 'Nightfall' by Jake Halpern and Peter Kujawinski