In Mira Nair’s marvelous and moving cross-cultural family saga, a Bengali couple (Irrfan Khan and Tabu) make a home in the New York suburbs. Kal Penn, in a fantastic performance, is their son, whose love-hate, push-pull relationship with his heritage forms the film’s spiritual core. The movie is a bit too episodic, but it will speak to anyone who ever felt pulled in different directions by his own heart.
Genre: Drama; Starring: Irfan Khan, Kal Penn, Jacinda Barrett, Tabu; Director: Mira Nair; Author: Sooni Taraporevala; Release Date Wide: 03/09/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 122; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Fox Searchlight Pictures
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- Stream Blur's album 'The Magic Whip' on iTunes First Play
- Next 'Transformers' expected in 2017
- 'Furious 7's James Wan to produce 'The Entity' remake
- Helen Mirren talks about her love of Vin Diesel on 'Late Night'
- Waka Flocka Flame to run for president
- Batman costume from 'Batman v Superman': Take a good look
- 'Furious 7' breaks box office records in China
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet style: We grade the looks
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet arrivals: What they wore
- Blake Lively in 'Age of Adaline': Style when you're forever 29
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- Hayden Panettiere, Olivia Munn, Salma Hayek & More!