In Mira Nair’s marvelous and moving cross-cultural family saga, a Bengali couple (Irrfan Khan and Tabu) make a home in the New York suburbs. Kal Penn, in a fantastic performance, is their son, whose love-hate, push-pull relationship with his heritage forms the film’s spiritual core. The movie is a bit too episodic, but it will speak to anyone who ever felt pulled in different directions by his own heart.
Genre: Drama; Starring: Irfan Khan, Kal Penn, Jacinda Barrett, Tabu; Director: Mira Nair; Author: Sooni Taraporevala; Release Date Wide: 03/09/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 122; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Fox Searchlight Pictures
Posted March 16 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Anna Kendrick grieves over 'Great British Baking Show' host departures
- Grumpy Cat makes Broadway debut with the cast of 'Cats'
- 'The Tonight Show': James Marsden sings Kenny Rogers to 'get the girl'
- Clive Owen, Dakota Fanning go fast and furious for BMW short film
- Bill Maher and Sarah Silverman call Gary Johnson 'a f---ing idiot'
- Nathan Lane calls Donald Trump a 'bloated piece of candy corn'
- Samantha Bee wants the election to be over 'so badly'