Terrified of puppets? Enjoy being scared? Then you’ll be half-satisfied with Dead Silence, a rote horror pantomime. When Jamie (Ryan Kwanten) sees his wife brutally murdered, he suspects the creepy ventriloquist’s dummy that was mysteriously delivered to their door. (Duh.) Turns out, the dummy’s cursed — something about an old-lady ventriloquist whose lips moved. Now, in vengeful spirit form, she goes around tearing out tongues — but not fast enough to stop the awful dialogue, e.g., ”She won’t stop killing until the screaming does!” Eesh.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Horror; Starring: Ryan Kwenten, Amber Valletta, Bob Gunton, Laura Regan, Donnie Wahlberg; Director: James Wan; Author: James Wan, Leigh Whannel; Release Date Wide: 03/16/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Universal
Posted March 21 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Gravity Falls' creator says a revival is 'not inconceivable'
- Adnan Syed is ‘more hopeful’ following post-conviction hearing
- 'SNL': How the 'Bern Your Enthusiasm' sketch came together
- Melissa McCarthy raps her favorite Kanye West song in 'SNL' promos
- Everything you need to know about this year's Academy Award nominees
- Slipknot frontman comments on racism in metal
- USA picks up Ryan Phillippe-starring 'Shooter' to series
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday