Terrified of puppets? Enjoy being scared? Then you’ll be half-satisfied with Dead Silence, a rote horror pantomime. When Jamie (Ryan Kwanten) sees his wife brutally murdered, he suspects the creepy ventriloquist’s dummy that was mysteriously delivered to their door. (Duh.) Turns out, the dummy’s cursed — something about an old-lady ventriloquist whose lips moved. Now, in vengeful spirit form, she goes around tearing out tongues — but not fast enough to stop the awful dialogue, e.g., ”She won’t stop killing until the screaming does!” Eesh.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Horror; Starring: Ryan Kwenten, Amber Valletta, Bob Gunton, Laura Regan, Donnie Wahlberg; Director: James Wan; Author: James Wan, Leigh Whannel; Release Date Wide: 03/16/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Universal
Posted March 21 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Listen to David Tennant explain Einstein's theory of general relativity
- See the fiery opening title sequence for 'The Shannara Chronicles'
- Daniel Radcliffe is jealous of Eddie Redmayne's 'Fantastic Beasts' costume
- Ron Howard set to direct thriller 'The Girl Before'
- Ice-T and Coco welcome daughter Chanel Nicole
- John Stamos shares high school prom throwback photo
- Chris Miller shares an update on 'The Lego Movie' sequel