Terrified of puppets? Enjoy being scared? Then you’ll be half-satisfied with Dead Silence, a rote horror pantomime. When Jamie (Ryan Kwanten) sees his wife brutally murdered, he suspects the creepy ventriloquist’s dummy that was mysteriously delivered to their door. (Duh.) Turns out, the dummy’s cursed — something about an old-lady ventriloquist whose lips moved. Now, in vengeful spirit form, she goes around tearing out tongues — but not fast enough to stop the awful dialogue, e.g., ”She won’t stop killing until the screaming does!” Eesh.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Horror; Starring: Ryan Kwenten, Amber Valletta, Bob Gunton, Laura Regan, Donnie Wahlberg; Director: James Wan; Author: James Wan, Leigh Whannel; Release Date Wide: 03/16/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Universal
Posted March 21 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Leonard Nimoy's Mr. Spock: A tribute to the humane spirit
- 'McFarland, USA' and the neutering of sports movies
- Leonard Nimoy: 9 'I Am Not Spock' TV roles
- Look, but don't retouch? Female celeb photo debate
- Margot Robbie's 'Focus' audition, a.k.a. 'the craziest 24 hours of my life'
- 'Focus' is weekend's No. 1 movie; 'Fifty Shades of Grey' drops to No. 4
- 'SNL' react: Your quick take on Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?