A thingy from the future — part toy, part New Agey objet — falls to earth, and the siblings (Rhiannon Leigh Wryn and Chris O’Neil) who discover it hide the alien marvel, E.T.-style, from their parents (Timothy Hutton and Joely Richardson). The Last Mimzy, a pleasantly dorky adaptation of Lewis Padgett’s 1943 sci-fi story directed by New Line honcho Bob Shaye, bobbles its topicality (Homeland Security has no business here) and its clunky product placement (rah-rah Intel!). But the newcomer kids are delightfully…kidlike. Cosmic bonus: The Office’s Rainn Wilson plays a New Agey science teacher. B
Genre: Kids and Family, Action/Adventure; Starring: Chris O'Neil, Rhiannon Leigh Wryn, Timothy Hutton, Joely Richardson; Director: Robert Shaye; Author: Toby Emmerich, Bruce Joel Rubin; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: New Line Cinema
Posted March 21 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Fassbender: 'Alien: Covenant' will be 'much scarier' than 'Prometheus'
- MTV's 'True Life' special to follow survivors of Orlando shooting
- Adele adds two more shows to '25' tour
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' cast plays two truths and a lie
- 'Guardians Vol. 2': James Gunn shares first look at the Ravagers
- 'One Tree Hill' cast sings theme song at karaoke-filled reunion
- 'SNL' alum Mike O'Brien opens up about cancer scare
- 'Friends': See the Cast's Evolution Over 10 Years
- This Is What the First Lollapalooza Looked Like
- Comic-Con 2016: See Scenes From Marvel's Showcase
- Comic-Con 2016: See Portraits of Marvel Studios Stars
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 3 Panels
- Comic-Con 2016: Get Batty With the Cast of 'The Walking Dead'