A thingy from the future — part toy, part New Agey objet — falls to earth, and the siblings (Rhiannon Leigh Wryn and Chris O’Neil) who discover it hide the alien marvel, E.T.-style, from their parents (Timothy Hutton and Joely Richardson). The Last Mimzy, a pleasantly dorky adaptation of Lewis Padgett’s 1943 sci-fi story directed by New Line honcho Bob Shaye, bobbles its topicality (Homeland Security has no business here) and its clunky product placement (rah-rah Intel!). But the newcomer kids are delightfully…kidlike. Cosmic bonus: The Office’s Rainn Wilson plays a New Agey science teacher. B
Genre: Kids and Family, Action/Adventure; Starring: Chris O'Neil, Rhiannon Leigh Wryn, Timothy Hutton, Joely Richardson; Director: Robert Shaye; Author: Toby Emmerich, Bruce Joel Rubin; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: New Line Cinema
Posted March 21 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Nick Jonas passionately lip-synced to ‘Let It Go’ at Demi Lovato’s pre-VMAs concert
- Vin Diesel teases a sequel to 'The Iron Giant'
- J.K. Rowling, Joyce Carol Oates, and more pay tribute to Oliver Sacks
- Box office report: 'Straight Outta Compton' wins again
- Ranking Kanye West's top music videos
- Justin Bieber Spider-Man kisses Britney Spears ... sort of
- Oliver Sacks, famed neurologist and author, dies at 82
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!