A thingy from the future — part toy, part New Agey objet — falls to earth, and the siblings (Rhiannon Leigh Wryn and Chris O’Neil) who discover it hide the alien marvel, E.T.-style, from their parents (Timothy Hutton and Joely Richardson). The Last Mimzy, a pleasantly dorky adaptation of Lewis Padgett’s 1943 sci-fi story directed by New Line honcho Bob Shaye, bobbles its topicality (Homeland Security has no business here) and its clunky product placement (rah-rah Intel!). But the newcomer kids are delightfully…kidlike. Cosmic bonus: The Office’s Rainn Wilson plays a New Agey science teacher. B
Genre: Kids and Family, Action/Adventure; Starring: Chris O'Neil, Rhiannon Leigh Wryn, Timothy Hutton, Joely Richardson; Director: Robert Shaye; Author: Toby Emmerich, Bruce Joel Rubin; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: New Line Cinema
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- Watch Coach freak out during sex ed in 'New Girl' clip
- Average movie ticket price drops to $8.12 in first quarter
- On the Books: Drax the Destroyer of 'Guardians of the Galaxy' gets his own comic book
- Watch the new music video for Jamie xx's 'Gosh'
- 'Unauthorized Full House' a go at Lifetime
- Watch the first trailer for 'Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell'
- Brian Williams might have misremembered a few more incidents