Long ago, I knew the theme song to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon series by heart; I lined up for the 1990 live-action epic on opening night. So it burns to report that this all-CG reboot is missing the goofy excitement of the old TMNT. By way of meager update, our green crime-busters now fight a messy panoply of villains and monsters instead of the fearsome Shredder, and sidekick April O’Neil (the voice of Sarah Michelle Gellar) trades in her yellow pantsuit for 21st-century Lara Croft gear. Also: not enough pizza. C+
Genre: Animation, Action/Adventure; Starring: Sarah Michelle Gellar, Ziyi Zhang; Director: Kevin Munroe; Author: Kevin Munroe; Release Date Wide: 03/23/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 86; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted March 21 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See Sylvester Stallone become Rocky in this ultimate training montage
- See Po uncover the Secret Panda Village in new 'Kung Fu Panda 3' clip
- Setsuko Hara, Japanese screen legend, dies at 95
- Bryan Cranston moved to tears while discussing pivotal 'Breaking Bad' scene
- See photos from 'Arrow'-'The Flash' crossover with 'Legends of Tomorrow'
- Jon Favreau's 'Chef' is going Bollywood
- Eagles of Death Metal discuss Paris attacks in moving interview
- Taraji P. Henson's Biggest Moments in 2015
- Holiday Gift Guide: For the TV Fanatic
- 19 TV Families That Will Make You Thankful for Yours
- Literature's 8 Most Dysfunctional Thanksgiving Dinners
- 'Captain America: Civil War': Decoding the New Trailer
- EW's Entertainers of the Year pick their Entertainers of the Year