Masculine complexity is what Mads Mikkelsen was famous for long before he wept blood in Casino Royale. In After the Wedding, he plays a Danish orphanage worker in India, summoned home to receive a large donation — with considerable strings — from a benefactor (Rolf Lassgard) married to a beauty (Sidse Babett Knudsen) with a complicated past. Talented filmmaker Susanne Bier (Brothers), armed with an outstanding compositional sense, keeps control over the storms of melodrama that swirl in this rich weepie, a 2006 Oscar nominee for Best Foreign Language Film.
After the WeddingMasculine complexity is what Mads Mikkelsen was famous for long before he wept blood in Casino Royale. In After the Wedding, he...After the WeddingDramaSusanne Bier, Anders Thomas JensenPT120MRMasculine complexity is what Mads Mikkelsen was famous for long before he wept blood in Casino Royale. In After the Wedding, he...2007-03-30
Genre: Drama; Starring: Sidse Babett Knudsen, Mads Mikkelsen; Director: Susanne Bier; Author: Susanne Bier, Anders Thomas Jensen; Release Date Limited: 03/30/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 120; MPAA Rating: R
Posted March 30 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Alessia Cara lends sultry vocals to Nick Jonas hit 'Levels'
- Lionsgate is making a movie out of a 'Night of the Living Dead' comic book spinoff
- 'Everybody Loves Raymond' reunion set for ATX Fest in 2016
- Kurt Russell rides again in the cannibal-western 'Bone Tomahawk'
- Snapchat original programming channel 'winding down'
- Beach House stream three songs from surprise album
- Tim McGraw drops video for 'Damn Country Music'
- 12 Instagram Photos of Pitbull Hanging Out with Celebrities
- 25 Unforgettable Dresses From the Past 25 Years
- Box Office Flops: 19 Notorious Opening Weekends
- EW's 25 Best Movies in 25 Years
- EW Reunions: Bonus portraits of your favorite TV and movie casts
- 'The Walking Dead': 15 Exclusive Storyboard Illustrations From Season 6