It sounds like a goof out of a bad Wayne’s World sequel: the international air-guitar championships, held in rockin’ Scandinavia. But the event really exists, and the short-and-sweet doc Air Guitar Nation follows two challengers from the first U.S. air-guitar competition in L.A. (it’s like American Idol crossed with a Star Trek convention) to Oulu, Finland, where they compete to be the one true god of vicarious metalhead glory. When C-Diddy (a.k.a. David Jung), in his samurai superman suit, does his note-perfect, lip-twisting, belly-jiggling manic mime of Extreme’s ”Play With Me,” it’s hard not to grin and admit that, yes, this is almost an art form.
Air Guitar NationIt sounds like a goof out of a bad Wayne's World sequel: the international air-guitar championships, held in rockin' Scandinavia. But the event...Air Guitar NationDocumentaryPT82MRIt sounds like a goof out of a bad Wayne's World sequel: the international air-guitar championships, held in rockin' Scandinavia. But the event...2007-03-30Docurama
Genre: Documentary; Director: Alexandra Lipsitz; Runtime (in minutes): 82; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Docurama
Posted March 30 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Friends co-creator: Those $1 million cast salaries were 'ridiculous'
- See a clip from Lifetime's 'The Unauthorized Full House Story'
- NatGeo announces 'Big Game of Thrones,' admits HBO won't let them keep title
- Bryan Cranston’s 'Sneaky Pete' pilot picked up by Amazon
- Get haunted by trailer for 'The Listing'
- President Bill Clinton to appear on 'StarTalk' season 2 premiere
- Graceland sneak peek: Paige is going undercover with the Sarkissians
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Tyra Banks, The Madden Bros., Taylor Schilling & More!