It sounds like a goof out of a bad Wayne’s World sequel: the international air-guitar championships, held in rockin’ Scandinavia. But the event really exists, and the short-and-sweet doc Air Guitar Nation follows two challengers from the first U.S. air-guitar competition in L.A. (it’s like American Idol crossed with a Star Trek convention) to Oulu, Finland, where they compete to be the one true god of vicarious metalhead glory. When C-Diddy (a.k.a. David Jung), in his samurai superman suit, does his note-perfect, lip-twisting, belly-jiggling manic mime of Extreme’s ”Play With Me,” it’s hard not to grin and admit that, yes, this is almost an art form.
Air Guitar NationIt sounds like a goof out of a bad Wayne's World sequel: the international air-guitar championships, held in rockin' Scandinavia. But the event...Air Guitar NationDocumentaryPT82MRIt sounds like a goof out of a bad Wayne's World sequel: the international air-guitar championships, held in rockin' Scandinavia. But the event...2007-03-30Docurama
Genre: Documentary; Director: Alexandra Lipsitz; Runtime (in minutes): 82; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Docurama
Posted March 30 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Vikings' shocker: Creator Michael Hirst talks the death of [spoiler]
- 'Vikings' kills again: A talk with the departing actor
- Casting Net: Viola Davis, Catalina Sandino Moreno star in 'Custody'
- Obama talks 'The Wire' with David Simon
- Warner Bros wins bid for rights to viral 'Sundays' short
- Oscar producers Meron, Zadan moving on
- Craig T. Nelson back as Hayden Fox in NBC 'Coach' revival
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- Russell Crowe, Elisabeth Moss, Ben Affleck & More!