The original B’Day was as flab-free as Beyoncé. B’Day: Deluxe Edition adds five new cuts to that disc, plus an español bonus CD. (We won’t even get into the elaborate DVD version, which is Wal-Mart-only.) ”Beautiful Liar” is a minor letdown; Shakira’s voice is too like Beyoncé’s for a truly complementary tango. Better is ”Flaws and All,” a ballad in which B expresses melismatic gratitude that workaholic bitches (her words!) merit love too. Best addition? A norteña take on ”Irreplaceable,” which turns out to go just great with accordions.
B'day: Deluxe Edition The original B'Day was as flab-free as Beyoncé. B'Day: Deluxe Edition adds five new cuts to that disc, plus an espa&...B'day: Deluxe EditionR&B The original B'Day was as flab-free as Beyoncé. B'Day: Deluxe Edition adds five new cuts to that disc, plus an espa&...2007-03-30
Genre: R&B; Lead Performer: Beyonce Knowles
Posted March 30 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Ryan Lochte's 'Dancing With the Stars' protestors charged
- Solange Knowles to release new album on Friday
- NBC orders full season of 'This Is Us'
- 'Late Late Show': James Corden takes on Usain Bolt in a 100-meter sprint
- 'The Flash': Exclusive first look at Tom Felton
- Amy Schumer is first woman to make Forbes' highest-paid comedians list
- WATCH: Sarah Paulson picks her weirdest 'American Horror Story' role