The original B’Day was as flab-free as Beyoncé. B’Day: Deluxe Edition adds five new cuts to that disc, plus an español bonus CD. (We won’t even get into the elaborate DVD version, which is Wal-Mart-only.) ”Beautiful Liar” is a minor letdown; Shakira’s voice is too like Beyoncé’s for a truly complementary tango. Better is ”Flaws and All,” a ballad in which B expresses melismatic gratitude that workaholic bitches (her words!) merit love too. Best addition? A norteña take on ”Irreplaceable,” which turns out to go just great with accordions.
B'day: Deluxe Edition The original B'Day was as flab-free as Beyoncé. B'Day: Deluxe Edition adds five new cuts to that disc, plus an espa&...B'day: Deluxe EditionR&B The original B'Day was as flab-free as Beyoncé. B'Day: Deluxe Edition adds five new cuts to that disc, plus an espa&...2007-03-30
Genre: R&B; Lead Performer: Beyonce Knowles
Posted March 30 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Vikings' shocker: Creator Michael Hirst talks the death of [spoiler]
- 'Vikings' kills again: A talk with the departing actor
- Casting Net: Viola Davis, Catalina Sandino Moreno star in 'Custody'
- Obama talks 'The Wire' with David Simon
- Warner Bros wins bid for rights to viral 'Sundays' short
- Oscar producers Meron, Zadan moving on
- Craig T. Nelson back as Hayden Fox in NBC 'Coach' revival
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- Russell Crowe, Elisabeth Moss, Ben Affleck & More!