Last year’s Hills Have Eyes remake was just another modern horror movie with a soulless polish and a jones for torture. The Hills Have Eyes 2 is a different beast: a retro horror-comedy featuring quick deaths and cheapo-looking gore, with a few dorky laughs and gross-outs but not so many scares. Plopped down in a U.S. test site that looks like Kandahar, nine National Guard soldiers battle A-bomb mutants, who are probably meant to remind us of insurgents, although that idea, like half the cast, is horribly malformed.
Genre: Horror; Starring: Michael McMillian, Jessica Stroup, Flex Alexander, Jacob Vargas; Director: Martin Weisz; Author: Jonathan Craven, Wes Craven; Release Date Wide: 03/23/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 89; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Fox Atomic
Posted March 30 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Robin Williams' widow pens essay about his brain disorder
- Former 'Power Rangers' star denies killing his roommate with a sword
- Watch Britney Spears sing Taylor Swift's 'Shake It Off' on helium
- 'Once Upon a Time': Is there hope for Belle and Rumple?
- Colin Trevorrow: 'Jurassic World 2' will be 'suspenseful and scary'
- NBC scraps 'Mail Order Family' comedy after backlash
- 'Stranger Things' is even stranger in 8-bit animated remake