Last year’s Hills Have Eyes remake was just another modern horror movie with a soulless polish and a jones for torture. The Hills Have Eyes 2 is a different beast: a retro horror-comedy featuring quick deaths and cheapo-looking gore, with a few dorky laughs and gross-outs but not so many scares. Plopped down in a U.S. test site that looks like Kandahar, nine National Guard soldiers battle A-bomb mutants, who are probably meant to remind us of insurgents, although that idea, like half the cast, is horribly malformed.
Genre: Horror; Starring: Michael McMillian, Jessica Stroup, Flex Alexander, Jacob Vargas; Director: Martin Weisz; Author: Jonathan Craven, Wes Craven; Release Date Wide: 03/23/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 89; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Fox Atomic
Posted March 30 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Box office: 'Kung Fu Panda 3' wins again as newcomers fumble
- John Legend, Sam Smith, and more celebs react to Beyonce's 'Formation'
- Beyoncé looks back on Super Bowl halftime show in rare interview
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' crosses $2 billion worldwide
- Larry David promises disappointment in his 'SNL' monologue
- 'SNL' puts an 'X-Files' spin on those Super Bowl snack commercials
- Whitney Houston's brother remembers her iconic Super Bowl performance