Last year’s Hills Have Eyes remake was just another modern horror movie with a soulless polish and a jones for torture. The Hills Have Eyes 2 is a different beast: a retro horror-comedy featuring quick deaths and cheapo-looking gore, with a few dorky laughs and gross-outs but not so many scares. Plopped down in a U.S. test site that looks like Kandahar, nine National Guard soldiers battle A-bomb mutants, who are probably meant to remind us of insurgents, although that idea, like half the cast, is horribly malformed.
Genre: Horror; Starring: Michael McMillian, Jessica Stroup, Flex Alexander, Jacob Vargas; Director: Martin Weisz; Author: Jonathan Craven, Wes Craven; Release Date Wide: 03/23/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 89; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Fox Atomic
Posted March 30 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Rob Thomas returns with killer single 'Trust You,' shares details of new solo album
- 'Winter Is Coming Live': Will Stannis make the sacrifice on 'Game of Thrones'?
- 'Winter Is Coming Live': Can Tyrion be trusted on 'Game of Thrones'?
- Kim and Kanye: It's their 1st anniversary
- 'Winter Is Coming Live' recaps the latest 'Game of Thrones' episode, 'The Gift'
- 'Gilmore Girls' movie? Scott Patterson hints at 'some activity'
- Former Virgins frontman Donald Cumming debuts dreamy ballad 'In The Early Hours' -- exclusive
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!