Last year’s Hills Have Eyes remake was just another modern horror movie with a soulless polish and a jones for torture. The Hills Have Eyes 2 is a different beast: a retro horror-comedy featuring quick deaths and cheapo-looking gore, with a few dorky laughs and gross-outs but not so many scares. Plopped down in a U.S. test site that looks like Kandahar, nine National Guard soldiers battle A-bomb mutants, who are probably meant to remind us of insurgents, although that idea, like half the cast, is horribly malformed.
Genre: Horror; Starring: Michael McMillian, Jessica Stroup, Flex Alexander, Jacob Vargas; Director: Martin Weisz; Author: Jonathan Craven, Wes Craven; Release Date Wide: 03/23/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 89; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Fox Atomic
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': $200+M so far
- Jay Z on Tidal: 'not perfect,' 'determined'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' fans launch petition to bring McDreamy back
- Patrick Dempsey's EW Q&A on 'Grey's' exit: 'Shonda cares deeply about fans and how they will react'
- John Boyega talks 'Star Wars': 'something symbolic about new generation and old coming together'
- 'Furious 7' wins at box office; No. 5 in all-time global earnings
- 'Goodfellas' reunion: 8 'funny' stories from the cast Q&A