Last year’s Hills Have Eyes remake was just another modern horror movie with a soulless polish and a jones for torture. The Hills Have Eyes 2 is a different beast: a retro horror-comedy featuring quick deaths and cheapo-looking gore, with a few dorky laughs and gross-outs but not so many scares. Plopped down in a U.S. test site that looks like Kandahar, nine National Guard soldiers battle A-bomb mutants, who are probably meant to remind us of insurgents, although that idea, like half the cast, is horribly malformed.
Genre: Horror; Starring: Michael McMillian, Jessica Stroup, Flex Alexander, Jacob Vargas; Director: Martin Weisz; Author: Jonathan Craven, Wes Craven; Release Date Wide: 03/23/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 89; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Fox Atomic
Posted March 30 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Stephen King releases 'Drunken Fireworks' audiobook
- Casting Net: Julia Roberts signs on for 'Mother’s Day'
- 'Parks and Rec' alum Retta will host the 'Orphan Black' panel at Comic-Con
- Original Mickey Mouse Club to reunite at Disney's D23
- Apple's appeal denied in ebook antitrust case
- 'Rocky' spinoff 'Creed': First trailer's here
- Apple's Beats 1 radio will be censoring music
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files': David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Ricky Martin, Tina & Jane, Paul Rudd and More!