Last year’s Hills Have Eyes remake was just another modern horror movie with a soulless polish and a jones for torture. The Hills Have Eyes 2 is a different beast: a retro horror-comedy featuring quick deaths and cheapo-looking gore, with a few dorky laughs and gross-outs but not so many scares. Plopped down in a U.S. test site that looks like Kandahar, nine National Guard soldiers battle A-bomb mutants, who are probably meant to remind us of insurgents, although that idea, like half the cast, is horribly malformed.
Genre: Horror; Starring: Michael McMillian, Jessica Stroup, Flex Alexander, Jacob Vargas; Director: Martin Weisz; Author: Jonathan Craven, Wes Craven; Release Date Wide: 03/23/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 89; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Fox Atomic
Posted March 30 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Pearl Jam play 'Ten' front to back in Philly
- 'The Originals' boss on the difficulties of killing a beloved character
- 'The Originals' boss on [spoiler]'s heartbreaking death, hope for Davina
- 'The Originals' victim 'cried' over that tragic death
- Charli XCX releases sleek, dance-heavy video for single 'Vroom Vroom'
- 'Vampire Diaries' boss breaks down tonight's action sequences
- John Krasinski to star in 'Jack Ryan' Amazon series
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch