If only for the comedy glory of Sigourney Weaver as a TV network president who confuses acid reflux with gut instinct, this very smart, very funny movie about the making of a network sitcom (written and directed by bona fide insider Jake Kasdan) is a cut-glass gem of a showbiz conceit. But that’s not all: You also get a crackerjack cast of in-on-the-jokesters, including David Duchovny as a comedy writer making commercial use of his brother’s suicide, and Amazing Grace’s Ioan Gruffudd as the BBC expat brought in to class up the joint.
Genre: Comedy; Starring: David Duchovny, Judy Greer, Sigourney Weaver, Justine Bateman, Ioan Gruffudd, Lindsay Sloane; Director: Jake Kasdan; Author: Jake Kasdan; Release Date Limited: 04/06/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 89; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: THINKFilm
Posted April 5 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Underground' adds Aisha Hinds as Harriet Tubman for season 2
- '90210' actress wants actors' ages off casting sites to prevent ageism
- Doug Liman to direct 'Justice League Dark' for Warner Bros.
- PaleyFest: Made in NY to feature 'Daily Show,' 'Homeland,' 'Elementary'
- Hear a never-released George Carlin bit about hating the police
- The Weeknd teases new music
- Jennifer Holliday joining 'The Color Purple' revival
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...