If only for the comedy glory of Sigourney Weaver as a TV network president who confuses acid reflux with gut instinct, this very smart, very funny movie about the making of a network sitcom (written and directed by bona fide insider Jake Kasdan) is a cut-glass gem of a showbiz conceit. But that’s not all: You also get a crackerjack cast of in-on-the-jokesters, including David Duchovny as a comedy writer making commercial use of his brother’s suicide, and Amazing Grace’s Ioan Gruffudd as the BBC expat brought in to class up the joint.
Genre: Comedy; Starring: David Duchovny, Judy Greer, Sigourney Weaver, Justine Bateman, Ioan Gruffudd, Lindsay Sloane; Director: Jake Kasdan; Author: Jake Kasdan; Runtime (in minutes): 89; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: THINKFilm
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- Angelina Jolie makes first public appearance since her surgery at the Kids Choice Awards
- Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards: The Winners
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Hugh Jackman teases final go-round as 'Wolverine' on Instagram
- J.K. Rowling's 'Casual Vacancy' miniseries gets a trailer
- Sacha Baron Cohen as Freddie Mercury
- Justin Moore on touring with Miranda Lambert, new music, and getting to play Madison Square Garden
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Sienna Miller, Kate & Kate and More!