Six elegant, unsettled French people who can’t always get what they want move around beautiful Parisian rooms in Private Fears in Public Places, Alain Resnais’ mature adaptation of a dramatic daisy chain by veteran British playwright Alan Ayckbourn. The interlocking relationships (real estate broker and his sister, broker’s assistant and a bartender, etc.) play out in adult dialogue triste but philosophical. The grand old filmmaker frames each scene like a fine painting. And fake snow falls with happy artificiality between rueful vignettes.
Private Fears in Public PlacesSix elegant, unsettled French people who can't always get what they want move around beautiful Parisian rooms in Private Fears in Public PlacesPrivate Fears in Public PlacesForeign Language, DramaJean-Michel RibesPT120MUnratedSix elegant, unsettled French people who can't always get what they want move around beautiful Parisian rooms in Private Fears in Public Places2007-04-11IFC First Take
Genre: Foreign Language, Drama; Starring: Sabine Azema, Lambert Wilson; Director: Alain Resnais; Author: Jean-Michel Ribes; Runtime (in minutes): 120; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: IFC First Take
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- 'Furious 7's James Wan to produce 'The Entity' remake
- Helen Mirren talks about her love of Vin Diesel on 'Late Night'
- Waka Flocka Flame to run for president
- Batman costume from 'Batman v Superman': Take a good look
- 'Furious 7' breaks box office records in China
- Jon Stewart's final 'Daily Show' to air Aug. 6
- 'Full House' revival at Netflix officially on; 13 episodes to arrive in 2016
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet style: We grade the looks
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet arrivals: What they wore
- Blake Lively in 'Age of Adaline': Style when you're forever 29
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- Hayden Panettiere, Olivia Munn, Salma Hayek & More!