Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez’s crazily funny and exciting tribute to ’70s exploitation films. It opens with Rodriguez’s Planet Terror, which so nails badly lit gross-out ghoulishness it’s like the Far From Heaven of schlock. Tarantino’s Death Proof has too much jabber but leaves you laughing and gasping at a film that knows how to put the bad back in badass.
Genre: Horror; Starring: Rose McGowan, Kurt Russell, Freddy Rodriguez; Director: Robert Rodriguez, Quentin Tarantino; Author: Robert Rodriguez, Quentin Tarantino; Release Date Wide: 04/06/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 191; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Dimension Films
Posted April 13 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kanye West announces new album title
- 'SNL' react: Your quick take on Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?
- 'Parks and Rec': On set for the final day
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set
- Craig Ferguson set for ABC comedy pilot
- Will Smith back in 'Focus': What critics said
- 'The Red Road's Jason Momoa on season 2 and when we can expect Aquaman in action
- 20 TV series that nailed it with their very first scenes
- 'Last Man on Earth' guys salute inspirations
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Susan Sarandon, Prince William and More!