Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez’s crazily funny and exciting tribute to ’70s exploitation films. It opens with Rodriguez’s Planet Terror, which so nails badly lit gross-out ghoulishness it’s like the Far From Heaven of schlock. Tarantino’s Death Proof has too much jabber but leaves you laughing and gasping at a film that knows how to put the bad back in badass.
Genre: Horror; Starring: Rose McGowan, Kurt Russell, Freddy Rodriguez; Director: Robert Rodriguez, Quentin Tarantino; Author: Robert Rodriguez, Quentin Tarantino; Release Date Wide: 04/06/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 191; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Dimension Films
Posted April 13 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Woody Allen says private life doesn't resonate in his films
- 'Law & Order' director arrested on child pornography charges
- 'Secret in Their Eyes' gets new release date
- 'Friends' creator: Those $1 million cast salaries were 'ridiculous'
- See a clip from Lifetime's 'The Unauthorized Full House Story'
- NatGeo announces 'Big Game of Thrones,' admits HBO won't let them keep title
- Bryan Cranston’s 'Sneaky Pete' pilot picked up by Amazon
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Tyra Banks, The Madden Bros., Taylor Schilling & More!