Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez’s crazily funny and exciting tribute to ’70s exploitation films. It opens with Rodriguez’s Planet Terror, which so nails badly lit gross-out ghoulishness it’s like the Far From Heaven of schlock. Tarantino’s Death Proof has too much jabber but leaves you laughing and gasping at a film that knows how to put the bad back in badass.
Genre: Horror; Starring: Rose McGowan, Kurt Russell, Freddy Rodriguez; Director: Robert Rodriguez, Quentin Tarantino; Author: Robert Rodriguez, Quentin Tarantino; Release Date Wide: 04/06/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 191; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Dimension Films
Posted April 13 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Disney eyes live-action 'Prince Charming'
- Ezra Koenig of Vampire Weekend lands own Beats 1 Radio show
- 'Sesame Street': Sonia 'Maria' Manzano's 7 favorites
- 'Hannibal': No go at Netflix, Amazon
- Caitlyn Jenner gives empowering talk in new 'I Am Cait' trailer
- Michael Eisner clarifies comment that beautiful, funny women are 'impossible to find'
- Sluggish Fourth of July box office no picnic for Hollywood
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Kendall Jenner, Liv Tyler, Jessie J & More!