In The History Boys — adapted from the Tony-winning play about bionically precocious British lads — Richard Griffiths is the blinkered shambles who sees the boy behind the test score but sneaks an occasional grope. Boys’ boys are urbane and poetic — but not exactly relatable — in tearing through Alan Bennett’s erudite script, while the instructors (especially Griffiths) feel like real, mistake-prone people. B+
Genre: Drama, Comedy; Starring: Frances de la Tour, Richard Griffiths, Stephen Campbell Moore, Frances de la Tour; Director: Nicholas Hytner; Author: Alan Bennett; Release Date Limited: 11/21/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 109; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Fox Searchlight Pictures
Posted April 13 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Drake is releasing more new music in December
- Charlie Puth cancels remainder of tour due to sickness
- Universal Studios Japan is getting an entire 'Minions'-themed area
- President Obama dances to 'Hotline Bling' with Usher, Janelle Monáe
- Bradley Cooper visited Lady Gaga on the set of 'Saturday Night Live'
- Viola Davis to campaign in supporting actress category for 'Fences'
- DJ Khaled documented his son's birth on Snapchat