More like In the Land of Feel-Good Stepford Treacle. Adam Brody, stripped of the teen-idol trappings of The O.C., is blandness incarnate as an aspiring screenwriter who comes to suburban Michigan to care for his grandmother and winds up playing hunky guidance counselor to two females in need: Meg Ryan as a housewife battling cancer, and Kristen Stewart as her teen daughter. It’s two age-inappropriate (yet synthetically saintly) flirtations for the price of one. In the Land of Women combines hugs and ”pain” and dialogue so fakey-cute it makes your ears hurt.
Genre: Drama; Starring: Adam Brody, Meg Ryan, Olympia Dukakis, Kristen Stewart; Director: Jonathan Kasdan; Author: Jonathan Kasdan; Release Date Wide: 04/20/2007; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted April 18 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- J.K. Rowling—er, Robert Galbraith—is editing the latest Cormoran Strike novel
- 'World War Z' sequel set for 2017 release
- 'Human Centipede 3': What disgusting prop did the director take home?
- Joyce Carol Oates expands on PEN award protest following award for 'Charlie Hebdo'
- David Letterman's studio was thrown in the trash
- Joel McHale to host this year's ESPY Awards
- Universal reveals My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 release date
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- Kendall & Lily, Jon Bon Jovi, Chanel Iman and More!