More like In the Land of Feel-Good Stepford Treacle. Adam Brody, stripped of the teen-idol trappings of The O.C., is blandness incarnate as an aspiring screenwriter who comes to suburban Michigan to care for his grandmother and winds up playing hunky guidance counselor to two females in need: Meg Ryan as a housewife battling cancer, and Kristen Stewart as her teen daughter. It’s two age-inappropriate (yet synthetically saintly) flirtations for the price of one. In the Land of Women combines hugs and ”pain” and dialogue so fakey-cute it makes your ears hurt.
Genre: Drama; Starring: Adam Brody, Meg Ryan, Olympia Dukakis, Kristen Stewart; Director: Jonathan Kasdan; Author: Jonathan Kasdan; Release Date Wide: 04/20/2007; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted April 18 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'AGT': Grace VanderWaal continues to shine with 'Light the Sky'
- Ed Sheeran and Snow Patrol make surprise wedding performance
- It's Black Panther vs. Black Widow in deleted scene from 'Civil War'
- 'Grey's Anatomy': Arizona's getting a new love interest!
- Gabby Douglas reveals she had a cyst removed in her mouth
- Demi Lovato goes undercover as a Lyft driver to surprise fans
- 'The Office': Mindy Kaling imagines Michael Scott's take on Ryan Lochte