More like In the Land of Feel-Good Stepford Treacle. Adam Brody, stripped of the teen-idol trappings of The O.C., is blandness incarnate as an aspiring screenwriter who comes to suburban Michigan to care for his grandmother and winds up playing hunky guidance counselor to two females in need: Meg Ryan as a housewife battling cancer, and Kristen Stewart as her teen daughter. It’s two age-inappropriate (yet synthetically saintly) flirtations for the price of one. In the Land of Women combines hugs and ”pain” and dialogue so fakey-cute it makes your ears hurt.
Genre: Drama; Starring: Adam Brody, Meg Ryan, Olympia Dukakis, Kristen Stewart; Director: Jonathan Kasdan; Author: Jonathan Kasdan; Release Date Wide: 04/20/2007; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted April 18 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- WATCH: 'Shark Tank': Kevin O'Leary explains why he's Mr. Wonderful
- Bill Murray to sing 'Take Me Out to the Ballgame' at World Series
- Pusha T: 'I will be' partying with Hillary Clinton on election night
- Deciphering the wildest 'Westworld' fan theories thus far
- WATCH: Dominic Monaghan has a crazy plan in horror film 'Pet' — exclusive
- 'Quantico': Owen traps his recruits in exclusive clip
- 'Vampire Diaries': Kayla Ewell recalls that Vicki-Damon dance scene