More like In the Land of Feel-Good Stepford Treacle. Adam Brody, stripped of the teen-idol trappings of The O.C., is blandness incarnate as an aspiring screenwriter who comes to suburban Michigan to care for his grandmother and winds up playing hunky guidance counselor to two females in need: Meg Ryan as a housewife battling cancer, and Kristen Stewart as her teen daughter. It’s two age-inappropriate (yet synthetically saintly) flirtations for the price of one. In the Land of Women combines hugs and ”pain” and dialogue so fakey-cute it makes your ears hurt.
Genre: Drama; Starring: Adam Brody, Meg Ryan, Olympia Dukakis, Kristen Stewart; Director: Jonathan Kasdan; Author: Jonathan Kasdan; Release Date Wide: 04/20/2007; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted April 18 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Carey Mulligan praises Jennifer Lawrence’s wage gap essay
- Taylor Swift fan meets singer before losing her hearing
- See Slash play the national anthem with USC's marching band
- The Doctor goes home in 'Doctor Who' season 9 finale promo
- Michael B. Jordan says he’d love to make a 'Creed' sequel
- Sutton Foster keeps up her double life in 'Younger' season 2 trailer
- Mary-Kate Olsen marries Olivier Sarkozy: Report