More like In the Land of Feel-Good Stepford Treacle. Adam Brody, stripped of the teen-idol trappings of The O.C., is blandness incarnate as an aspiring screenwriter who comes to suburban Michigan to care for his grandmother and winds up playing hunky guidance counselor to two females in need: Meg Ryan as a housewife battling cancer, and Kristen Stewart as her teen daughter. It’s two age-inappropriate (yet synthetically saintly) flirtations for the price of one. In the Land of Women combines hugs and ”pain” and dialogue so fakey-cute it makes your ears hurt.
Genre: Drama; Starring: Adam Brody, Meg Ryan, Olympia Dukakis, Kristen Stewart; Director: Jonathan Kasdan; Author: Jonathan Kasdan; Release Date Wide: 04/20/2007; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted April 18 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kanye's new album: 'So Help Me God'
- 'SNL' react: Your quick take on Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?
- 'Parks and Rec': On set for the final day
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set
- Craig Ferguson set for ABC comedy pilot
- Will Smith back in 'Focus': What critics said
- 'The Red Road's Jason Momoa on season 2 and when we can expect Aquaman in action
- 20 TV series that nailed it with their very first scenes
- 'Last Man on Earth' guys salute inspirations
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Susan Sarandon, Prince William and More!