In Stephanie Daley, a 16-year-old Christian girl, played with exploratory shy grace by Amber Tamblyn, is accused of murdering her newborn infant. But did she even know that she was pregnant? That’s what Tilda Swinton, as a forensic psychologist who is about to have a baby herself, must determine. Shot in a pinpoint, suggestive handheld style, this lacerating drama from writer-director Hilary Brougher shines a piercing light onto some of the hidden terrors of women, especially in an era when abstinence can shade into ignorance. The scary culminating flashback, in which Stephanie gives birth — in a public restroom, on a high school ski trip — is a marvel of authentic disturbance.
Genre: Drama; Starring: Tilda Swinton, Amber Tamblyn, Timothy Hutton; Director: Hilary Brougher; Author: Hilary Brougher; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Regent Entertainment
Posted April 18 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Conan O'Brien used 'Hamilton' to help explain Trump victory to upset kids
- Veteran character actress Alice Drummond dies at 88
- Canadian police apologize to Nickelback for drunk driving joke
- 'Aquaman' movie lands fall 2018 release date
- Lauren Graham says she may not watch the 'Gilmore Girls' revival
- Terry Crews, Dave Coulier, Shaq design ugly Christmas sweaters
- See Jennifer Lawrence's seventh grade yearbook superlative
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big