American Doll Posse, Tori Amos’ ninth album, is sung from the POV of five characters, each represented in the booklet by various costumes and wigs, à la 2001’s Strange Little Girls. Good luck figuring out who’s who, since ”Isabel,” ”Clyde,” ”Pip,” ”Santa,” and ”Tori” mostly seem to share their creator’s sassy, antipatriarchal, divine-feminist sensibility…but they’ll all be getting their own blogs, so we can sort that out later. Too bad Posse is a conceptual wreck, because it benefits from some of the beefiest, most borderline-glam-rock moments Amos has put on record.
American Doll PosseAmerican Doll Posse, Tori Amos' ninth album, is sung from the POV of five characters, each represented in the booklet by various...American Doll PosseRockAmerican Doll Posse, Tori Amos' ninth album, is sung from the POV of five characters, each represented in the booklet by various...2007-04-22
Genre: Rock; Lead Performer: Tori Amos
Posted April 22 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- NBC pulls plug on 'Coach' revival
- 'AHS: Hotel': Ryan Murphy shares three super creepy teasers
- Casting Net: Missi Pyle, Joey Lawrence hit horse rescue drama 'Emma's Chance'
- Rick Ross announces new album will be released this week
- Kesha to guest-star on 'Jane the Virgin'
- 'Dancing With the Stars': Peta Murgatroyd to skip season due to injury
- Jack Black wants to tell you a story in the new 'Goosebumps' trailer
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!