American Doll Posse, Tori Amos’ ninth album, is sung from the POV of five characters, each represented in the booklet by various costumes and wigs, à la 2001’s Strange Little Girls. Good luck figuring out who’s who, since ”Isabel,” ”Clyde,” ”Pip,” ”Santa,” and ”Tori” mostly seem to share their creator’s sassy, antipatriarchal, divine-feminist sensibility…but they’ll all be getting their own blogs, so we can sort that out later. Too bad Posse is a conceptual wreck, because it benefits from some of the beefiest, most borderline-glam-rock moments Amos has put on record.
American Doll PosseAmerican Doll Posse, Tori Amos' ninth album, is sung from the POV of five characters, each represented in the booklet by various...American Doll PosseRockAmerican Doll Posse, Tori Amos' ninth album, is sung from the POV of five characters, each represented in the booklet by various...2007-04-22
Genre: Rock; Lead Performer: Tori Amos
Posted April 22 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Meek Mill hits back at Drake with diss track 'Wanna Know'
- 'Graceland' postmortem: Is Paige in over her head?
- 'Wet Hot' creators provide teases for 40 characters in the prequel
- Patricia Arquette to voice witch in 'Troll: The Rise of Harry Potter Jr.'
- Caitlyn Jenner practices her 'feminine voice' in 'I Am Cait' clip
- Dwayne Johnson on Hulk Hogan's racist rant: 'We've all talked trash'
- Jared Padalecki posted his first-ever #TBT: 13 more 'Supernatural' throwbacks
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Jennifer Lopez, Brad Pitt, Candace & Lori and More!