American Doll Posse, Tori Amos’ ninth album, is sung from the POV of five characters, each represented in the booklet by various costumes and wigs, à la 2001’s Strange Little Girls. Good luck figuring out who’s who, since ”Isabel,” ”Clyde,” ”Pip,” ”Santa,” and ”Tori” mostly seem to share their creator’s sassy, antipatriarchal, divine-feminist sensibility…but they’ll all be getting their own blogs, so we can sort that out later. Too bad Posse is a conceptual wreck, because it benefits from some of the beefiest, most borderline-glam-rock moments Amos has put on record.
American Doll PosseAmerican Doll Posse, Tori Amos' ninth album, is sung from the POV of five characters, each represented in the booklet by various...American Doll PosseRockAmerican Doll Posse, Tori Amos' ninth album, is sung from the POV of five characters, each represented in the booklet by various...2007-04-22
Genre: Rock; Lead Performer: Tori Amos
Posted April 22 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Casting Net: James Marsden, Rosario Dawson, more lend voices to 'Henchmen'
- Bruce Jenner in photo shoot as woman
- Judy Greer and Nat Faxon preview 'Married' season 2
- Universal TV to adapt 'The Wicked + The Divine' comic for TV
- Emma Stone as an Asian-American in 'Aloha': Who's buying it?
- Iggy Azalea cancels Great Escape Tour
- Marvel contest gives teen girls the chance to attend 'Ant-Man' premiere
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- Cruel Intentions Reunion, Kim Kardashian, Soleil & Demi and More!