Turns out one of the best new shows of 2006 was Kidnapped, the serialized story of a snatched New York City rich kid that NBC pulled from its schedule after only five episodes — a crime nearly as heinous as the one in the show. Seeing all 13 episodes on DVD…holy cow, what prime-time viewers missed! Great, gnarly performances by Timothy Hutton and Dana Delany as the wealthy but scrappily tough parents of the victim (Will Denton), and — playing the guys most involved in solving the crime — Jeremy Sisto (Six Feet Under) and Delroy Lindo as perfect hard-boiled, screwed-up heroes. Plus, they never got to see Giancarlo Esposito as a pitiless internal-affairs cop, or the full flowering of Mykelti Williamson’s bodyguard character, or Tom Noonan (Manhunter, Heat) as an eerily quiet, sadistic murderer interrogating Sisto in a most painful manner. Created by Jason Smilovic, who worked on the also underrated Karen Sisco (2003), Kidnapped slithers more insidiously than a rattlesnake; nearly everyone had his or her motives or curses. You think the case is wrapped up in episode 12 — then you watch No. 13. It’ s a killer.
Starring: Jeremy Sisto; Series Premiere: 09/20/2006; Series Finale: 10/28/2006; Broadcaster: NBC; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 572; Distributor: Sony Pictures Entertainment
Posted April 22 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Reign' to end after season 4
- WATCH: Building humanity into 'Rogue One' droid K-2SO
- Pokemon Go announcement teases Gen 2 Pokemon possibly coming soon
- Donald Trump set for 'Fox News Sunday' interview with Chris Wallace
- NFL star Steve Smith donned a Yoda costume at press conference
- Joe Jonas and 'Game of Thrones' star Sophie Turner are now dating
- Trailers From Hell takes on 'The Incredible Melting Man'
- This Is What the 2001 'Ocean's Eleven' Premiere Looked Like
- 17 Star-Studded Celebrity Cookbooks
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot