As an obsessive British bacteriologist in The Painted Veil, Edward Norton combs his hair into a slick helmet, every strand in place. Before making love with his wife (Naomi Watts), he places his slippers neatly by the side of the bed. Much later, as the two rekindle their shattered marriage amid a cholera epidemic in 1920s China, Norton’s ‘do becomes more relaxed, wind-blown. These are precise details in a handsome throwback that’s admirably refined, if too much so. EXTRAS None, and considering the seven years Norton spent shepherding this project, his commentary would have been welcome.
The Painted Veil As an obsessive British bacteriologist in The Painted Veil, Edward Norton combs his hair into a slick helmet, every strand in place....The Painted VeilRomance, DramaRon NyswanerPT125MPG-13 As an obsessive British bacteriologist in The Painted Veil, Edward Norton combs his hair into a slick helmet, every strand in place....2007-05-04Warner Independent Pictures
Genre: Romance, Drama; Starring: Edward Norton, Liev Schreiber, Naomi Watts; Director: John Curran; Author: Ron Nyswaner; Runtime (in minutes): 125; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Warner Independent Pictures
Posted May 4 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- George R.R. Martin reveals which religion inspired that 'Game of Thrones' cult
- How 50 Cent's near-fatal shooting wound up being a key part of 'Power'
- 'Game of Thrones' showrunner on why those two paths crossed now: 'this just felt right'
- 'Veep': What's next for Selina Meyer and Tom James
- Anne Meara, veteran actress and half of Stiller and Meara comedy team, dies at 85
- David Letterman tribute on Indy 500 car
- Cannes 2015: 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!