As an obsessive British bacteriologist in The Painted Veil, Edward Norton combs his hair into a slick helmet, every strand in place. Before making love with his wife (Naomi Watts), he places his slippers neatly by the side of the bed. Much later, as the two rekindle their shattered marriage amid a cholera epidemic in 1920s China, Norton’s ‘do becomes more relaxed, wind-blown. These are precise details in a handsome throwback that’s admirably refined, if too much so. EXTRAS None, and considering the seven years Norton spent shepherding this project, his commentary would have been welcome.
Genre: Romance, Drama; Starring: Edward Norton, Liev Schreiber, Naomi Watts; Director: John Curran; Author: Ron Nyswaner; Release Date Limited: 12/15/2006; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 125; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Warner Independent Pictures
Posted May 4 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Dr. Dre's new album, 'Compton: The Soundtrack,' coming Aug. 7
- 'Ghostbusters' cast surprises patients at Boston children's hospital
- Chris Pratt, James Gunn mark 'Guardians of the Galaxy's one-year anniversary
- Kelly Clarkson crushes cover of Miley Cyrus' ‘Wrecking Ball’
- Amy Schumer responds to open letter about Lafayette theater shooting
- Channing Tatum is (still) doing the 'Gambit' movie
- Simon Pegg ranks all the 'Star Wars' films in 60 seconds
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!