As an obsessive British bacteriologist in The Painted Veil, Edward Norton combs his hair into a slick helmet, every strand in place. Before making love with his wife (Naomi Watts), he places his slippers neatly by the side of the bed. Much later, as the two rekindle their shattered marriage amid a cholera epidemic in 1920s China, Norton’s ‘do becomes more relaxed, wind-blown. These are precise details in a handsome throwback that’s admirably refined, if too much so. EXTRAS None, and considering the seven years Norton spent shepherding this project, his commentary would have been welcome.
Genre: Romance, Drama; Starring: Edward Norton, Liev Schreiber, Naomi Watts; Director: John Curran; Author: Ron Nyswaner; Release Date Limited: 12/15/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 125; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Warner Independent Pictures
Posted May 4 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Twitter finds unofficial Super Bowl mascot in diarrhea medication ad
- Schick channels 'Transformers' for Super Bowl 50 ad
- Taraji P. Henson confuses Coldplay with Maroon 5: 'Oooooooopppps. Lmao!'
- These are the best Super Bowl 50 halftime show GIFs
- Psylocke swoops in during 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Super Bowl teaser
- See all the movie trailers that aired during Super Bowl 50
- Beyoncé announces world tour during Super Bowl