As an obsessive British bacteriologist in The Painted Veil, Edward Norton combs his hair into a slick helmet, every strand in place. Before making love with his wife (Naomi Watts), he places his slippers neatly by the side of the bed. Much later, as the two rekindle their shattered marriage amid a cholera epidemic in 1920s China, Norton’s ‘do becomes more relaxed, wind-blown. These are precise details in a handsome throwback that’s admirably refined, if too much so. EXTRAS None, and considering the seven years Norton spent shepherding this project, his commentary would have been welcome.
Genre: Romance, Drama; Starring: Edward Norton, Liev Schreiber, Naomi Watts; Director: John Curran; Author: Ron Nyswaner; Release Date Limited: 12/15/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 125; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Warner Independent Pictures
Posted May 4 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Scream' postmortem: The killer speaks out!
- 'Scream' postmortem: The killer revealed! What's next?
- Fox News anchor Harris Faulkner sues Hasbro over same-named toy hamster
- Casting Net: Scott Eastwood set to become action star in 'Overdrive'
- 'Scream' honors Wes Craven during finale
- Ellen Page says her 'Freeheld' role inspired her to come out
- 'Brides of Dracula' series from 'Arrow' producer gets NBC pilot commitment
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Andrew & Laura, Rihanna and More!