This Ludacris protégé oozes suave confidence on his second set of romantic whispers, but Bobby Valentino’s self-assured attitude isn’t always enough to sell these songs. He gets a boost early on from a pair of effervescent Timbaland co-productions, ”Anonymous” and ”Rearview (Ridin’)”; as soon as the tempos slow, though, Valentino’s vocals start losing pep. By the disc’s halfway point, he’s reached a soporific low. The remaining songs on Special Occasion will provide agreeable mood music for a candlelit dinner in a pinch, if nothing else. B-
Special Occasion This Ludacris protégé oozes suave confidence on his second set of romantic whispers, but Bobby Valentino's self-assured attitude isn't always...Special OccasionR&B This Ludacris protégé oozes suave confidence on his second set of romantic whispers, but Bobby Valentino's self-assured attitude isn't always...2007-05-04
Genre: R&B; Lead Performer: Bobby Valentino
Posted May 4 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: tWitch on Team Street's best exit
- 'Daily Show with Trevor Noah' promo previews a few changes with new host
- See T-Pain sing the national anthem at a Dodgers game
- Sam Smith loves Hozier's cover of 'Lay Me Down'
- David Tennant helps remix Shakespeare with hip-hop in app
- Saoirse Ronan struggles with homesickness in the first clip from 'Brooklyn'
- Joe Biden to stop by as guest on 'Late Show'
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Andrew & Laura, Rihanna and More!