Battle Royale, if you’ve never seen it, is a fantastically sadistic and unapologetically brutal Japanese film from 2000 about miscreants dropped on a jungle island with orders to kill each other for a reality TV show. The Condemned is pretty much the same thing with half the satirical wit and twice the number of wrestlers. As one of 10 death-row convicts competing for their freedom, Steve Austin does the taciturn bruiser as well as anyone. Cheesy enough to satisfy your B-movie cravings in half Grindhouse’s running time.
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Steve Austin, Robert Mammone, Vinnie Jones; Director: Scott Wiper; Author: Rob Hedden, Scott Wiper; Release Date Wide: 04/27/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 113; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted May 7 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- How Ann Coulter hijacked the Rob Lowe roast
- Listen to Led Zeppelin's Lost 'Sunshine Woman' Track
- Ava DuVernay tweets support for Leslie Jones: 'Stay up, sis'
- Here's why Giancarlo Esposito turned down a Marvel TV role
- 'Jason Bourne' 3-D screenings causing nausea and protests in China
- Olympian auctions off medal to pay young boy's medical bills
- Nicole Scherzinger's Britney Spears impression is 'Crazy' good