Battle Royale, if you’ve never seen it, is a fantastically sadistic and unapologetically brutal Japanese film from 2000 about miscreants dropped on a jungle island with orders to kill each other for a reality TV show. The Condemned is pretty much the same thing with half the satirical wit and twice the number of wrestlers. As one of 10 death-row convicts competing for their freedom, Steve Austin does the taciturn bruiser as well as anyone. Cheesy enough to satisfy your B-movie cravings in half Grindhouse’s running time.
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Steve Austin, Robert Mammone, Vinnie Jones; Director: Scott Wiper; Author: Rob Hedden, Scott Wiper; Release Date Wide: 04/27/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 113; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted May 7 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Mark Hamill to return as The Joker for 'The Killing Joke'
- Hugh Jackman shares final ‘Wolverine’ teaser image
- Casting Net: Morgan Freeman leads up action film 'Down to a Sunless Sea'
- 'The Bachelorette': And the 'winner' is...
- Richard Linklater in talks to direct Jennifer Lawrence in 'The Rosie Project'
- 'All the Bright Places' starring Elle Fanning finds its director
- HBO developing new Wild West drama series 'Untamed'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Matthew & Keri, Katy Perry, Cate Blanchett & More!