Battle Royale, if you’ve never seen it, is a fantastically sadistic and unapologetically brutal Japanese film from 2000 about miscreants dropped on a jungle island with orders to kill each other for a reality TV show. The Condemned is pretty much the same thing with half the satirical wit and twice the number of wrestlers. As one of 10 death-row convicts competing for their freedom, Steve Austin does the taciturn bruiser as well as anyone. Cheesy enough to satisfy your B-movie cravings in half Grindhouse’s running time.
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Steve Austin, Robert Mammone, Vinnie Jones; Director: Scott Wiper; Author: Rob Hedden, Scott Wiper; Release Date Wide: 04/27/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 113; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted May 7 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Listen to David Tennant explain Einstein's theory of general relativity
- See the fiery opening title sequence for 'The Shannara Chronicles'
- Daniel Radcliffe is jealous of Eddie Redmayne's 'Fantastic Beasts' costume
- Ron Howard set to direct thriller 'The Girl Before'
- Ice-T and Coco welcome daughter Chanel Nicole
- John Stamos shares high school prom throwback photo
- Chris Miller shares an update on 'The Lego Movie' sequel