Battle Royale, if you’ve never seen it, is a fantastically sadistic and unapologetically brutal Japanese film from 2000 about miscreants dropped on a jungle island with orders to kill each other for a reality TV show. The Condemned is pretty much the same thing with half the satirical wit and twice the number of wrestlers. As one of 10 death-row convicts competing for their freedom, Steve Austin does the taciturn bruiser as well as anyone. Cheesy enough to satisfy your B-movie cravings in half Grindhouse’s running time.
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Steve Austin, Robert Mammone, Vinnie Jones; Director: Scott Wiper; Author: Rob Hedden, Scott Wiper; Release Date Wide: 04/27/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 113; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted May 7 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Original Pocahontas voice actress Judy Kuhn sings ‘Colors of the Wind’ in different styles
- Franz Ferdinand and Sparks collaboration, FFS, drops video for 'Call Girl'
- 'Kung Fury' is the most insane, over-the-top '80s action movie you never saw
- There's a lot of dancing in Lil Mama's new video
- Pink Floyd celebrates 50 years of existence with plaque
- Tame Impala releases another video for 'Cause I'm A Man'
- 'Lego Jurassic World' trailer features Lego Chris Pratt and Lego Indominous Rex