Battle Royale, if you’ve never seen it, is a fantastically sadistic and unapologetically brutal Japanese film from 2000 about miscreants dropped on a jungle island with orders to kill each other for a reality TV show. The Condemned is pretty much the same thing with half the satirical wit and twice the number of wrestlers. As one of 10 death-row convicts competing for their freedom, Steve Austin does the taciturn bruiser as well as anyone. Cheesy enough to satisfy your B-movie cravings in half Grindhouse’s running time.
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Steve Austin, Robert Mammone, Vinnie Jones; Director: Scott Wiper; Author: Rob Hedden, Scott Wiper; Release Date Wide: 04/27/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 113; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- Jamie Foxx's National Anthem at Mayweather-Pacquaio fight: You be the judge
- 'Orphan Black' creators break down the latest twist: 'It's an interesting revelation for us'
- 'SNL': How'd Scarlett Johansson and Wiz Khalifa do?
- 'Scandal' panel: 5 best moments, season finale teases
- 'Walking Dead' actor in subway rant clip
- Celebrities who share a birthday with the new Royal Baby
- Ruth Rendell, mysteries writer, dies at 85
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Kerry Washington, Plus Gwen Stefani, the Spelling-McDermott Family & More!