Next, an immediately forgettable action pic directed with a blowtorch by Lee Tamahori, has Nicolas Cage — his intensity always memorable — playing a guy who can see into the future for two minutes at a time. (His time frame of prescience widens, understandably, when it comes to predicting a golden Jessica Biel as the babe for him.) The vision thing makes him valuable to an FBI agent (Julianne Moore) trying to thwart a terrorist attack, but doesn’t help the movie, a schlocky mix of bad special effects and worse Cage hairdos.
Genre: Action/Adventure, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Nicolas Cage, Julianne Moore, Jessica Biel; Director: Lee Tamahori; Author: Paul Bernbaum, Gary Goldman, Jonathan Hensleigh; Runtime (in minutes): 96; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted May 7 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles
- 'Agents of SHIELD' eyes Skye's arc: 'Birth of a superhero'