Honestly, our spidey sense saw this coming a mile away: Sony just released the final first-weekend figures for Spider-Man 3, and they’re even bigger than the initial estimates. The movie actually opened with $151.1 million. Yep. That’s $15.5 mil better than the previous best opener, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest, and three million smackers more than the studio had originally calculated for Spidey 3. As one high-ranking EW staffer who shall remain nameless just e-mailed me: “As if $148 mil wasn’t impressive enough. Holy s—.” Holy s—, indeed, PopWatchers. Holy s—.
Posted May 7 2007 — 10:16 PM EDT
- Hillary Clinton on Adele's endorsement: 'It meant a lot to me'
- 'Westworld': New photos plus episode titles give clues
- Kevin Hart to play Santa in Disney comedy 'Dashing Through the Snow'
- 'Opening Night' stars get very foul-mouthed in exclusive trailer
- WATCH: 'Stranger Things' star enters 'Charnel House' in exclusive clip
- Look who's going to the chapel on 'Last Man Standing'
- 'Toy Story 4' delayed by Pixar, 'Incredibles 2' takes its date
- The 16 Best Halloween Movies to Stream Right Now
- Hillary Clinton Through The Years
- 'Hamilton' Stars Go Old-School for Vintage Portraits
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers