A stunt masquerading as a statement. In Day Night Day Night, Julia Loktev’s maddeningly austere and self-important drama, an American woman (Luisa Williams), 19 years old, arrives in Manhattan to carry out a mission as a suicide bomber. Is she a homegrown Islamic terrorist? An especially irate lefty blogger? We’re never given a clue, so the whole It can happen here! scenario unfolds in a vague ”cautionary” vacuum. The silent preparatory rituals — meetings with hooded comrades, the strapping on of the bomb — culminate with a death walk, in real time, through Times Square, a sequence of the most purely opportunistic suspense.
Genre: Drama; Starring: Josh P. Weinstein, Luisa Williams, Gareth Saxe; Director: Julia Loktev; Author: Julia Loktev; Release Date Limited: 05/11/2007; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 94; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: IFC First Take
Posted May 9 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Why 'The Tribe' is the perfect videogame movie
- Fear the Walking Dead producers reveal how much time season 1 will cover
- The CW moves up premiere dates for 'Jane the Virgin,' 'Crazy Ex-Girlfriend'
- Jemaine Clement voices a 'mind-reading fart' in exclusive 'Rick and Morty' clip
- John Carpenter pays tribute to 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper
- Patrick Stewart on cocaine is hilarious in 'Blunt Talk' trailer
- Wrestling great Roddy Piper dies
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!