I Love You, Beth Cooper, Larry Doyle’s hilarious debut novel, feels destined for the big screen. Shia LaBeouf would be perfect as geeky valedictorian Denis Cooverman, who nervously belts out the title statement during his high school graduation. Denis’ public revelation sets off an adventure-filled night reminiscent of the best of John Hughes’ ’80s comedy classics, like Sixteen Candles, replete with underage drinking, party brawls, and a beautiful dream girl (Lindsay Lohan would make a fantastic Beth Cooper). Doyle, a former Simpsons writer, keeps this entertaining novel moving at a clip but never forgets that humor needs heart, too. A
I Love You, Beth CooperI Love You, Beth Cooper, Larry Doyle's hilarious debut novel, feels destined for the big screen. Shia LaBeouf would be perfect as geeky...I Love You, Beth CooperFiction, Comic NovelsLarry DoyleI Love You, Beth Cooper, Larry Doyle's hilarious debut novel, feels destined for the big screen. Shia LaBeouf would be perfect as geeky...2007-05-09Ecco Press
Genre: Fiction, Comic Novels; Author: Larry Doyle; Publisher: Ecco Press
Posted May 9 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- A$AP Rocky apologizes for those Rita Ora lyrics
- Zach Levi on 'Heroes: Reborn': I wanted something that wasn't Chuck
- Wall Street Journal to publish first chapter of Harper Lee's 'Go Set A Watchman'
- Will this be Hollywood's biggest box-office year ever?
- See Amy Schumer audition for 'The Real Housewives' of any city
- Edward Burns ventures into 1967 New York in 'Public Morals' trailer
- Dustin Hoffman rips the current state of movies: 'It's the worst that film has ever been'
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Kendall Jenner, Liv Tyler, Jessie J & More!