I Love You, Beth Cooper, Larry Doyle’s hilarious debut novel, feels destined for the big screen. Shia LaBeouf would be perfect as geeky valedictorian Denis Cooverman, who nervously belts out the title statement during his high school graduation. Denis’ public revelation sets off an adventure-filled night reminiscent of the best of John Hughes’ ’80s comedy classics, like Sixteen Candles, replete with underage drinking, party brawls, and a beautiful dream girl (Lindsay Lohan would make a fantastic Beth Cooper). Doyle, a former Simpsons writer, keeps this entertaining novel moving at a clip but never forgets that humor needs heart, too. A
I Love You, Beth CooperI Love You, Beth Cooper, Larry Doyle's hilarious debut novel, feels destined for the big screen. Shia LaBeouf would be perfect as geeky...I Love You, Beth CooperFiction, Comic NovelsLarry DoyleI Love You, Beth Cooper, Larry Doyle's hilarious debut novel, feels destined for the big screen. Shia LaBeouf would be perfect as geeky...2007-05-09Ecco Press
Genre: Fiction, Comic Novels; Author: Larry Doyle; Publisher: Ecco Press
Posted May 9 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jack Black wants to tell you a story in the new 'Goosebumps' trailer
- Wes Craven's 5 most terrifying scenes
- Andrew Garfield compares making 'Spider-Man' movies to 'canning Coke'
- 'Under the Dome' will end this season
- Maisie Williams accepts Guinness World Record on behalf of 'Game of Thrones'
- 'Gotham' sneak peek: Barbara and Jerome cross paths in Arkham
- Uber offering free 'Mad Max: Fury Road'-themed rides in Seattle
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!