I Love You, Beth Cooper, Larry Doyle’s hilarious debut novel, feels destined for the big screen. Shia LaBeouf would be perfect as geeky valedictorian Denis Cooverman, who nervously belts out the title statement during his high school graduation. Denis’ public revelation sets off an adventure-filled night reminiscent of the best of John Hughes’ ’80s comedy classics, like Sixteen Candles, replete with underage drinking, party brawls, and a beautiful dream girl (Lindsay Lohan would make a fantastic Beth Cooper). Doyle, a former Simpsons writer, keeps this entertaining novel moving at a clip but never forgets that humor needs heart, too. A
I Love You, Beth CooperI Love You, Beth Cooper, Larry Doyle's hilarious debut novel, feels destined for the big screen. Shia LaBeouf would be perfect as geeky...I Love You, Beth CooperFiction, Comic NovelsLarry DoyleI Love You, Beth Cooper, Larry Doyle's hilarious debut novel, feels destined for the big screen. Shia LaBeouf would be perfect as geeky...2007-05-09Ecco Press
Genre: Fiction, Comic Novels; Author: Larry Doyle; Publisher: Ecco Press
Posted May 9 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See the first trailer for Michael Bay's Benghazi movie
- Did 'Scream' just reveal the killer?
- Cindy Crawford is developing NBC series about fashion in the '80s
- Chris Pine reportedly signed for 'Wonder Woman'
- 'Orange Is the New Black': What happened to Nicky Nichols?
- 'Empire' creator goes behind the scenes of 'American Crime Story'
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall talks controversial elimination
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- The Hemsworths, Eva Longoria, Tom Cruise & More!