This oral history of Warren Zevon’s career, edited by his ex-wife, could’ve been titled after another of his albums: Learning to Flinch. That’s what fans will be doing, reading the sad, sensational recollections of seemingly every co-writer, celebrity chum, and old flame who crossed Zevon’s path. He was one of rock’s great wits, which is handy, since reading about an OCD-addled alcoholic (and sex addict) wouldn’t be so fun without the vintage one-liners fondly passed along by pals. If his hair was perfect, little else about the lovably infuriating rocker was. I’ll Sleep When I’m Dead turns out to be one of the most casually insightful rock bios ever.
I'll Sleep When I'm DeadThis oral history of Warren Zevon's career, edited by his ex-wife, could've been titled after another of his albums: Learning to Flinch. That's...I'll Sleep When I'm DeadBiography, NonfictionCrystal ZevonThis oral history of Warren Zevon's career, edited by his ex-wife, could've been titled after another of his albums: Learning to Flinch. That's...2007-05-09Ecco Press
Genre: Biography, Nonfiction; Author: Crystal Zevon; Status: In Season; Publisher: Ecco Press
Posted May 9 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters