This oral history of Warren Zevon’s career, edited by his ex-wife, could’ve been titled after another of his albums: Learning to Flinch. That’s what fans will be doing, reading the sad, sensational recollections of seemingly every co-writer, celebrity chum, and old flame who crossed Zevon’s path. He was one of rock’s great wits, which is handy, since reading about an OCD-addled alcoholic (and sex addict) wouldn’t be so fun without the vintage one-liners fondly passed along by pals. If his hair was perfect, little else about the lovably infuriating rocker was. I’ll Sleep When I’m Dead turns out to be one of the most casually insightful rock bios ever.
I'll Sleep When I'm DeadThis oral history of Warren Zevon's career, edited by his ex-wife, could've been titled after another of his albums: Learning to Flinch. That's...I'll Sleep When I'm DeadBiography, NonfictionCrystal ZevonThis oral history of Warren Zevon's career, edited by his ex-wife, could've been titled after another of his albums: Learning to Flinch. That's...2007-05-09Ecco Press
Genre: Biography, Nonfiction; Author: Crystal Zevon; Publisher: Ecco Press
Posted May 9 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Watch Kelly Clarkson adorably forget the lyrics to her songs
- Katy Perry reveals which line of her DNC speech Orlando Bloom wrote
- Chandra Levy miniseries in works at TNT
- Nick Jonas, Demi Lovato send fans on scavenger hunt for concert tickets
- 'Pokémon Go' nests are reportedly spawning different Pokémon
- Disney changes 'Avengers: Infinity War Part 1' title
- Constance Wu says Matt Damon's 'Great Wall' perpetuates 'racist myth'