This oral history of Warren Zevon’s career, edited by his ex-wife, could’ve been titled after another of his albums: Learning to Flinch. That’s what fans will be doing, reading the sad, sensational recollections of seemingly every co-writer, celebrity chum, and old flame who crossed Zevon’s path. He was one of rock’s great wits, which is handy, since reading about an OCD-addled alcoholic (and sex addict) wouldn’t be so fun without the vintage one-liners fondly passed along by pals. If his hair was perfect, little else about the lovably infuriating rocker was. I’ll Sleep When I’m Dead turns out to be one of the most casually insightful rock bios ever.
I'll Sleep When I'm DeadThis oral history of Warren Zevon's career, edited by his ex-wife, could've been titled after another of his albums: Learning to Flinch. That's...I'll Sleep When I'm DeadBiography, NonfictionCrystal ZevonThis oral history of Warren Zevon's career, edited by his ex-wife, could've been titled after another of his albums: Learning to Flinch. That's...2007-05-09Ecco Press
Genre: Biography, Nonfiction; Author: Crystal Zevon; Publisher: Ecco Press
Posted May 9 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Agent Carter' takes on Tinseltown in season 2 teaser
- Idris Elba 'nearly died' filming 'Beasts of No Nation'
- Zach Galligan wants to return for 'Gremlins 3'
- Hear Erykah Badu and Andre 3000 team up for 'Hello'
- 'Gods of Egypt' director: 'Our casting choices should have been more diverse'
- Patti LaBelle spends Thanksgiving with pie fan James Wright
- Hear Sia's new single 'One Million Bullets'