This oral history of Warren Zevon’s career, edited by his ex-wife, could’ve been titled after another of his albums: Learning to Flinch. That’s what fans will be doing, reading the sad, sensational recollections of seemingly every co-writer, celebrity chum, and old flame who crossed Zevon’s path. He was one of rock’s great wits, which is handy, since reading about an OCD-addled alcoholic (and sex addict) wouldn’t be so fun without the vintage one-liners fondly passed along by pals. If his hair was perfect, little else about the lovably infuriating rocker was. I’ll Sleep When I’m Dead turns out to be one of the most casually insightful rock bios ever.
I'll Sleep When I'm DeadThis oral history of Warren Zevon's career, edited by his ex-wife, could've been titled after another of his albums: Learning to Flinch. That's...I'll Sleep When I'm DeadBiography, NonfictionCrystal ZevonThis oral history of Warren Zevon's career, edited by his ex-wife, could've been titled after another of his albums: Learning to Flinch. That's...2007-05-09Ecco Press
Genre: Biography, Nonfiction; Author: Crystal Zevon; Publisher: Ecco Press
Posted May 9 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Can Caleb from 'Big Brother' hack it on 'Survivor'? Jeff Probst weighs in
- Which member of Destiny’s Child are you?
- 'The Walking Dead': Lennie James says Morgan-Rick rift is bigger than people realize
- Nicolas Cage to star in parental thriller 'Mom and Dad'
- 'The Originals' boss on the casting change you may have missed
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds on his acerbic antihero 'Deadpool'
- Universal wins film rights for 'Gone Girl' author's ghost story 'The Grownup'