American shorthand for the very brilliant, very cocky, and very toxic friend at the heart of Emmanuel Bourdieu’s satisfying French drama Poison Friends would be underminer: André (Thibault Vinçon) by turn counsels and bullies his university pals with his intellectual brio and cool self-assurance. And the pals? They’re eager to think he’s as magnifique as he thinks he is, even as he mucks about, cruelly, with their fates. While the young people chatter about life and literature with sometimes overbearing self-satisfaction, the astute filmmaker observes their pretentious gum-flapping with a mixture of amusement, compassion, and wised-up rue.
Genre: Drama; Starring: Alexandre Steiger, Thibault Vincon, Malik Zidi; Director: Emmanuel Bourdieu; Author: Emmanuel Bourdieu, Marcia Romano; Release Date Limited: 04/27/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 107; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Strand Releasing
Posted May 9 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Casting Net: Chris Messina in talks to join Ben Affleck's Live By Night
- Minions clears $1 billion at the worldwide box office
- Justin Bieber to spend several mornings with you on the 'Today' show
- 'Doubt': 'Good Wife' actor to star opposite Katherine Heigl
- The first trans director of 'Transparent' on his experiences with the show
- Miley Cyrus reveals what a rainbow tastes like during Tumblr Q&A
- Watch Tom Bergeron discover his fancy roots on 'Who Do You Think You Are?'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!