American shorthand for the very brilliant, very cocky, and very toxic friend at the heart of Emmanuel Bourdieu’s satisfying French drama Poison Friends would be underminer: André (Thibault Vinçon) by turn counsels and bullies his university pals with his intellectual brio and cool self-assurance. And the pals? They’re eager to think he’s as magnifique as he thinks he is, even as he mucks about, cruelly, with their fates. While the young people chatter about life and literature with sometimes overbearing self-satisfaction, the astute filmmaker observes their pretentious gum-flapping with a mixture of amusement, compassion, and wised-up rue.
Genre: Drama; Starring: Alexandre Steiger, Thibault Vincon, Malik Zidi; Director: Emmanuel Bourdieu; Author: Emmanuel Bourdieu, Marcia Romano; Release Date Limited: 04/27/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 107; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Strand Releasing
Posted May 9 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Chris Rock announces first stand-up tour in 9 years
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' trailer: Humans and Transformers face off
- George R.R. Martin on 'Winds of Winter': 'Things are getting worse'
- 'Green Hornet' star Van Williams dies at 82
- 'Baywatch' is hitting the beach on Memorial Day weekend
- Beyoncé was already a star at age 10, unearthed footage proves
- See Madonna twerk to 'Bitch I'm Madonna' on Carpool Karaoke
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday