American shorthand for the very brilliant, very cocky, and very toxic friend at the heart of Emmanuel Bourdieu’s satisfying French drama Poison Friends would be underminer: André (Thibault Vinçon) by turn counsels and bullies his university pals with his intellectual brio and cool self-assurance. And the pals? They’re eager to think he’s as magnifique as he thinks he is, even as he mucks about, cruelly, with their fates. While the young people chatter about life and literature with sometimes overbearing self-satisfaction, the astute filmmaker observes their pretentious gum-flapping with a mixture of amusement, compassion, and wised-up rue.
Genre: Drama; Starring: Alexandre Steiger, Thibault Vincon, Malik Zidi; Director: Emmanuel Bourdieu; Author: Emmanuel Bourdieu, Marcia Romano; Release Date Limited: 04/27/2007; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 107; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Strand Releasing
Posted May 9 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- TV legend Norman Lear gives 6 strong opinions about American life
- 'Downton Abbey' cast on saying goodbye: 'We didn't want to leave'
- Zayn Malik congratulates One Direction on their ’sick’ new single
- Dr. Dre's new album, 'Compton,' coming Aug. 7
- 'Ghostbusters' cast surprises patients at Boston children's hospital
- Chris Pratt, James Gunn mark 'Guardians of the Galaxy's one-year anniversary
- Kelly Clarkson crushes cover of Miley Cyrus' ‘Wrecking Ball’
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!