American shorthand for the very brilliant, very cocky, and very toxic friend at the heart of Emmanuel Bourdieu’s satisfying French drama Poison Friends would be underminer: André (Thibault Vinçon) by turn counsels and bullies his university pals with his intellectual brio and cool self-assurance. And the pals? They’re eager to think he’s as magnifique as he thinks he is, even as he mucks about, cruelly, with their fates. While the young people chatter about life and literature with sometimes overbearing self-satisfaction, the astute filmmaker observes their pretentious gum-flapping with a mixture of amusement, compassion, and wised-up rue.
Genre: Drama; Starring: Alexandre Steiger, Thibault Vincon, Malik Zidi; Director: Emmanuel Bourdieu; Author: Emmanuel Bourdieu, Marcia Romano; Runtime (in minutes): 107; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Strand Releasing
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- 'Person of Interest' season 4 finale react: A new world order
- 'Forever' exec producer on Henry's secret--safe or out?
- Casting Net: Ashton Kutcher, Josh Hartnett cast in James Franco's 'The Long Home'
- Tom Brokaw vs. cancer: 'Dateline' special
- 'New Girl' react: A modest proposal
- 'New Girl' boss on that season finale shocker--and what's next
- 'Law & Order: SVU' welcomes back familiar faces; get the scoop, watch a sneak peek
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Rob & Kate, Anna Kendrick, Vanessa & Selena and More!