In the four years since rapper-actress Eve released her last CD, hip-hop has become even more of a man’s world. So for her return, she’ll try blending in as one of the boys, right? Hardly. On the set of ”Tambourine” May 4, EW found the newly blond bombshell in a pink hotel room, attended to by feather-dusting French maids; together they did a fluttery, tambourine-like hand jive. Eve picked director Melina, ”a girly girl like me,” for a video that’s ”almost dollhouse-y or Betty Boop-ish. I wanted it to look how I feel, which is bright and flirty.” (The rapper declined to discuss her April 26 DUI arrest.) The clip also marks Eve’s brave first stab at choreographed moves. Says Melina, ”I told her, ‘You’re gonna dance.’ She’s like, ‘No, I’m a gangsta. That’s the thing…we don’t dance.”’ It seems the girl trumped the gangsta after all.
Posted May 11 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Mel Gibson: 'Passion of the Christ' sequel would focus on the resurrection
- 'SNL': Simone Biles pleads for Final Five to host
- 'Greenleaf' finale: Star Merle Dandridge spills season secrets
- Chris Brown already has new song a day after his arrest
- Disney's Tower of Terror ride gets January checkout date
- Rep. John Lewis crowd surfs in 'Late Show' appearance
- Judge Judy drama series in the works at CBS
- 11 of the Best 'Mister Rogers' Neighborhood' Guest Stars
- 'Easy': 12 Exclusive First Look Photos
- First Look: Jyn Erso Toys from 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story'
- Darth Vader, Voldemort, and 7 Other Pop Culture Comparisons to Donald Trump
- Celebrity Professors: See Stars Who Make the Grade
- 55 Books to Read This Fall