In the four years since rapper-actress Eve released her last CD, hip-hop has become even more of a man’s world. So for her return, she’ll try blending in as one of the boys, right? Hardly. On the set of ”Tambourine” May 4, EW found the newly blond bombshell in a pink hotel room, attended to by feather-dusting French maids; together they did a fluttery, tambourine-like hand jive. Eve picked director Melina, ”a girly girl like me,” for a video that’s ”almost dollhouse-y or Betty Boop-ish. I wanted it to look how I feel, which is bright and flirty.” (The rapper declined to discuss her April 26 DUI arrest.) The clip also marks Eve’s brave first stab at choreographed moves. Says Melina, ”I told her, ‘You’re gonna dance.’ She’s like, ‘No, I’m a gangsta. That’s the thing…we don’t dance.”’ It seems the girl trumped the gangsta after all.
Posted May 11 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The Catch' costume designer joins Betsy Beers on Shondaland Revealed
- Drake releases new album 'Views' on iTunes
- 'Orphan Black' creators talk mystery of Delphine's disappearance
- Bernie Sanders transforms into a perfect George in 'Seinfeld'
- Emilia Clarke, Sam Claflin get smitten in 'Me Before You' trailer
- 'Nice Guys' Ryan Gosling, Russell Crowe go retro in '70s-style trailer
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star reacts to Stephanie's cold move