In the four years since rapper-actress Eve released her last CD, hip-hop has become even more of a man’s world. So for her return, she’ll try blending in as one of the boys, right? Hardly. On the set of ”Tambourine” May 4, EW found the newly blond bombshell in a pink hotel room, attended to by feather-dusting French maids; together they did a fluttery, tambourine-like hand jive. Eve picked director Melina, ”a girly girl like me,” for a video that’s ”almost dollhouse-y or Betty Boop-ish. I wanted it to look how I feel, which is bright and flirty.” (The rapper declined to discuss her April 26 DUI arrest.) The clip also marks Eve’s brave first stab at choreographed moves. Says Melina, ”I told her, ‘You’re gonna dance.’ She’s like, ‘No, I’m a gangsta. That’s the thing…we don’t dance.”’ It seems the girl trumped the gangsta after all.
Posted May 11 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 1D's Liam Payne announces third single from 'Made in the A.M.'
- New 'Luther' trailer asks: 'You scared of me?'
- Drake: 'I'd do anything with Adele' — including a 'Hotline Bling' remix
- National Dog Show names Charlie the Skye terrier its Best in Show
- CBS will air two Super Bowl commercial specials before 'Super Bowl 50'
- Amy Schumer, Mindy Kaling, and more celebs give thanks on social media
- Highlights from the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade