In the four years since rapper-actress Eve released her last CD, hip-hop has become even more of a man’s world. So for her return, she’ll try blending in as one of the boys, right? Hardly. On the set of ”Tambourine” May 4, EW found the newly blond bombshell in a pink hotel room, attended to by feather-dusting French maids; together they did a fluttery, tambourine-like hand jive. Eve picked director Melina, ”a girly girl like me,” for a video that’s ”almost dollhouse-y or Betty Boop-ish. I wanted it to look how I feel, which is bright and flirty.” (The rapper declined to discuss her April 26 DUI arrest.) The clip also marks Eve’s brave first stab at choreographed moves. Says Melina, ”I told her, ‘You’re gonna dance.’ She’s like, ‘No, I’m a gangsta. That’s the thing…we don’t dance.”’ It seems the girl trumped the gangsta after all.
Posted May 11 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Stream Clare Maguire's new EP 'Don't Mess Me Around'
- Four Color Zack, DJ Scene team up with M.O.P. for 'Slap It Down'
- Edward Norton stars in John Oliver's fake movie about infrastructure
- Adam Sandler has sole in exclusive clip from The Cobbler
- Klingande drops new track, chats tropical house, festival season and what 'Klingande' means
- From People: Maggie Smith on those Downton Abbey rumors
- Clive Owen to make Broadway debut