In the four years since rapper-actress Eve released her last CD, hip-hop has become even more of a man’s world. So for her return, she’ll try blending in as one of the boys, right? Hardly. On the set of ”Tambourine” May 4, EW found the newly blond bombshell in a pink hotel room, attended to by feather-dusting French maids; together they did a fluttery, tambourine-like hand jive. Eve picked director Melina, ”a girly girl like me,” for a video that’s ”almost dollhouse-y or Betty Boop-ish. I wanted it to look how I feel, which is bright and flirty.” (The rapper declined to discuss her April 26 DUI arrest.) The clip also marks Eve’s brave first stab at choreographed moves. Says Melina, ”I told her, ‘You’re gonna dance.’ She’s like, ‘No, I’m a gangsta. That’s the thing…we don’t dance.”’ It seems the girl trumped the gangsta after all.
Posted May 11 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- '13th' trailer: Ava DuVernay documentary explores mass incarceration
- Harry Styles covers 'Another Man' magazine
- Tom Hanks crashed a wedding photo shoot in Central Park
- 'The Walking Dead': Lennie James on 'thorny path' for Morgan and Carol
- Rob Reiner blasts Donald Trump for advocating 'White Nationalism'
- 'Hamilton' cast to host voter registration event outside theater
- See an exclusive clip from the award-winning animated film, 'Long Way North'