Like the classic guilty pleasure Lace, Penny Vincenzi’s Sheer Abandon follows three friends, one of whom secretly gave birth to a girl — now a beautiful teen — who comes looking for her mom. Which one abandoned a newborn at Heathrow 20-some years ago — Martha, the cool, smooth lawyer now dabbling in politics? Clio, a doctor caught in a loveless marriage? Or Jocasta, the brash, enterprising reporter? Abandon lacks the delicate detail and pacing that marked Vincenzi’s fabulous trilogy about the Lyttons, a British publishing dynasty, but it’s a satisfying beach read nonetheless: delightfully long and packed with intrigue, sex, and a distinctly British nastiness. B
Sheer Abandon Like the classic guilty pleasure Lace, Penny Vincenzi's Sheer Abandon follows three friends, one of whom secretly gave birth...Sheer AbandonFictionPenny Vincenzi Like the classic guilty pleasure Lace, Penny Vincenzi's Sheer Abandon follows three friends, one of whom secretly gave birth...2007-05-11Doubleday
Genre: Fiction; Author: Penny Vincenzi; Publisher: Doubleday
Posted May 11 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- How the novel 'Star Wars: Aftermath' sets up 'The Force Awakens'
- The lawsuit over 'Mr. Holmes' has been settled, attorney says
- Kristen Bell’s gift to Dax Shepard makes us all miss 'Parenthood'
- Casting Net: Jason Momoa to star in lumberjack thriller Braven
- Brad Paisley gets ready for football season with 'Country Nation' video
- Selena Gomez is officially in 'Neighbors 2'
- Interracial family comedy in the works at NBC, from Parks and Recreation pair
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Tom Hardy, Alessandra Ambrósio, Bindi Irwin & More!