It’s product, but it’s a machine that tickles your eyes. Peter Parker, in the guise of Spider-Man, now faces three villains, plus his own hidden demons, and that’s a lot of burden to pile on Tobey Maguire’s star-child gawk. The ”dark side” of Spider-Man is never more than cosmetic, but some of the effects are indelible — notably Sandman, who might have risen from the digital desert of a Mummy sequel.
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Action/Adventure; Starring: Kirsten Dunst, Tobey Maguire, Thomas Haden Church, James Franco, Topher Grace; Director: Sam Raimi; Author: Ivan Raimi, Sam Raimi, Alvin Sargent; Release Date Wide: 05/04/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 139; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Columbia Pictures
Posted May 11 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Miss Peregrine's' author to pen second trilogy
- Gugu Mbatha-Raw joins Ava DuVernay’s 'A Wrinkle In Time'
- First 'Nashville' season 5 promo confirms Hayden Panettiere's return
- Neon Trees frontman Tyler Glenn to perform at EW PopFest
- 'Once Upon a Time' sneak peek: Watch Jasmine and Aladdin meet
- Megyn Kelly grills Donna Brazile about alleged leaked email
- 'Top Chef' cooks up fresh drama in season 14 trailer