Here’s a sobering thought: If every war gets the comedy it deserves, could Delta Farce, a strenuously unfunny Three Amigos knockoff, be our M*A*S*H? Larry the Cable Guy, proving his talents are best confined to tractor pulls, leads his fellow Army reservists (DJ Qualls and Bill Engvall) across Mexico in the mistaken belief that it’s Iraq. The eyebrow-raising premise — that rednecks can’t distinguish between brown-skinned people — is poised somewhere between vicious critique and brazenly lazy racism. Guess which way it falls?
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Bill Engvall, Larry the Cable Guy, Keith David, D.J. Qualls; Director: C. B. Harding; Author: Bear Aderhold, Tom Sullivan; Release Date Wide: 05/11/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted May 16 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Joy Behar to headline a TLC late-night show
- 'Pretty Little Liars' midseason premiere date revealed at Comic-Con
- Watch James Cameron exclusively announce new 'Avatar' comic series
- Esquire orders 'American Ninja Warrior' spin-off to series
- TV Jukebox: 6 songs we loved from recent TV episodes
- See the first trailer for the Coen brothers' all-star 'Hail, Caesar!'