Here’s a sobering thought: If every war gets the comedy it deserves, could Delta Farce, a strenuously unfunny Three Amigos knockoff, be our M*A*S*H? Larry the Cable Guy, proving his talents are best confined to tractor pulls, leads his fellow Army reservists (DJ Qualls and Bill Engvall) across Mexico in the mistaken belief that it’s Iraq. The eyebrow-raising premise — that rednecks can’t distinguish between brown-skinned people — is poised somewhere between vicious critique and brazenly lazy racism. Guess which way it falls?
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Bill Engvall, Larry the Cable Guy, Keith David, D.J. Qualls; Director: C. B. Harding; Author: Bear Aderhold, Tom Sullivan; Release Date Wide: 05/11/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted May 16 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Alec Baldwin calls out brother Stephen during 'SNL' debate cold open
- Benedict Cumberbatch to host final 'SNL' before election
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg set to perform in an opera
- 'Ghostbusters' director gets 'choked up' by supportive fans
- Miley Cyrus storms Virginia college to campaign for Hillary Clinton
- Lauryn Hill gives powerful performance of 'Rebel' on 'Charlie Rose'
- 'Jessica Jones' season 2: Showrunner promises all-female directors