Here’s a sobering thought: If every war gets the comedy it deserves, could Delta Farce, a strenuously unfunny Three Amigos knockoff, be our M*A*S*H? Larry the Cable Guy, proving his talents are best confined to tractor pulls, leads his fellow Army reservists (DJ Qualls and Bill Engvall) across Mexico in the mistaken belief that it’s Iraq. The eyebrow-raising premise — that rednecks can’t distinguish between brown-skinned people — is poised somewhere between vicious critique and brazenly lazy racism. Guess which way it falls?
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Bill Engvall, Larry the Cable Guy, Keith David, D.J. Qualls; Director: C. B. Harding; Author: Bear Aderhold, Tom Sullivan; Release Date Wide: 05/11/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted May 16 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Watch the first 8 minutes of Cameron Crowe's 'Aloha'
- Listen to this amazing Ryn Weaver song right this second
- Box office preview: 'San Andreas' to rock the box office
- Joan Rivers exhibit coming to the Grammy Museum
- A.R. Gurney's dog-friendly 'Sylvia' headed to Broadway
- Read an exclusive excerpt from Ruth Ware's 'In a Dark, Dark Wood'
- Woman covers Eminem's 'Lose Yourself' in sign language