Here’s a sobering thought: If every war gets the comedy it deserves, could Delta Farce, a strenuously unfunny Three Amigos knockoff, be our M*A*S*H? Larry the Cable Guy, proving his talents are best confined to tractor pulls, leads his fellow Army reservists (DJ Qualls and Bill Engvall) across Mexico in the mistaken belief that it’s Iraq. The eyebrow-raising premise — that rednecks can’t distinguish between brown-skinned people — is poised somewhere between vicious critique and brazenly lazy racism. Guess which way it falls?
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Bill Engvall, Larry the Cable Guy, Keith David, D.J. Qualls; Director: C. B. Harding; Author: Bear Aderhold, Tom Sullivan; Release Date Wide: 05/11/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted May 16 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The View' gets new theme song: Mary J. Blige's 'World's Gone Crazy'
- 'The Walking Dead': Jeffrey Dean Morgan had no idea about cliffhanger
- Nick Offerman previews 'Good Clean Fun' and announces tour
- Diana Gordon makes powerful TV debut on 'Colbert'
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead recalls Michael Moore sex scene on 'BrainDead'
- 'Rings' trailer brings Samara back for more scares
- Stephen Colbert helps Rami Malek make his first Instagram post
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your limited series/drama nominees are...