Here’s a sobering thought: If every war gets the comedy it deserves, could Delta Farce, a strenuously unfunny Three Amigos knockoff, be our M*A*S*H? Larry the Cable Guy, proving his talents are best confined to tractor pulls, leads his fellow Army reservists (DJ Qualls and Bill Engvall) across Mexico in the mistaken belief that it’s Iraq. The eyebrow-raising premise — that rednecks can’t distinguish between brown-skinned people — is poised somewhere between vicious critique and brazenly lazy racism. Guess which way it falls?
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Bill Engvall, Larry the Cable Guy, Keith David, D.J. Qualls; Director: C. B. Harding; Author: Bear Aderhold, Tom Sullivan; Release Date Wide: 05/11/2007; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted May 16 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See Netflix's official logo for Marvel's 'Jessica Jones'
- Kendrick Lamar releases trippy 'For Free? (Interlude)' video
- Mick Rock on his new show: I'm the Anthony Bourdain of rock and roll
- Chevy Chase & Beverly D'Angelo on their sweet 'Vacation' cameos
- 'Ash vs. Evil Dead' is not a 'watered-down version' of the films
- Country singer Lynn Anderson dead at 67
- Lucy Lawless maintains no 'Xena' deal, but she'd like one
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!