Here’s a sobering thought: If every war gets the comedy it deserves, could Delta Farce, a strenuously unfunny Three Amigos knockoff, be our M*A*S*H? Larry the Cable Guy, proving his talents are best confined to tractor pulls, leads his fellow Army reservists (DJ Qualls and Bill Engvall) across Mexico in the mistaken belief that it’s Iraq. The eyebrow-raising premise — that rednecks can’t distinguish between brown-skinned people — is poised somewhere between vicious critique and brazenly lazy racism. Guess which way it falls?
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Bill Engvall, Larry the Cable Guy, Keith David, D.J. Qualls; Director: C. B. Harding; Author: Bear Aderhold, Tom Sullivan; Release Date Wide: 05/11/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted May 16 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Bob Dylan thanks Nobel Prize committee for honoring his songs as literature
- Chris Pratt says his son thinks acting is 'stupid'
- 'Assassin's Creed': Final trailer has plenty of new footage
- Louis Tomlinson debuts new song on ‘X Factor’ days after mom’s death
- 'Insidious: Chapter 4' first look sees Lin Shaye facing her demons
- 'Sherlock' intense season 4 trailer: 'I love you'
- Patti Smith covers Bob Dylan at Nobel Prize ceremony