What if Zach Braff acted in one more quarter-life-crisis movie, and instead of Sundance it went straight to video? If only that’s what had happened to The Ex, a painful comedy that reduces the Garden State star to pratfalls while many comic A-teamers around him (including Paul Rudd and Amy Adams) play idiots. The grossest indignity finds Braff, after moving to Ohio with Amanda Peet and their new kid, in a laughless duel with a jerk in a wheelchair (Jason Bateman). Their tete-a-tete is what it looks like when ”edgy” humor turns embarrassing.
Genre: Drama, Comedy; Starring: Zach Braff, Amanda Peet, Jason Bateman; Director: Jesse Peretz; Author: David Guion, Michael Handelman; Release Date Wide: 05/11/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 89; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: MGM
Posted May 16 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Ansel Elgort remembers former classmate after his death
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 5 best non-singles from Kanye West's 'Late Registration' on its 10th anniversary
- 'Supernatural': Jensen Ackles talks season 11's female big bad
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!