What if Zach Braff acted in one more quarter-life-crisis movie, and instead of Sundance it went straight to video? If only that’s what had happened to The Ex, a painful comedy that reduces the Garden State star to pratfalls while many comic A-teamers around him (including Paul Rudd and Amy Adams) play idiots. The grossest indignity finds Braff, after moving to Ohio with Amanda Peet and their new kid, in a laughless duel with a jerk in a wheelchair (Jason Bateman). Their tete-a-tete is what it looks like when ”edgy” humor turns embarrassing.
Genre: Drama, Comedy; Starring: Zach Braff, Amanda Peet, Jason Bateman; Director: Jesse Peretz; Author: David Guion, Michael Handelman; Release Date Wide: 05/11/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 89; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: MGM
Posted May 16 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Look, but don't retouch? Female celeb photo debate
- Margot Robbie's 'Focus' audition, a.k.a. 'the craziest 24 hours of my life'
- 'Focus' is weekend's No. 1 movie; 'Fifty Shades of Grey' drops to No. 4
- 'SNL' react: Your quick take on Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?
- Kanye's new album: 'So Help Me God'
- 'Parks and Rec': On set for the final day
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set