What if Zach Braff acted in one more quarter-life-crisis movie, and instead of Sundance it went straight to video? If only that’s what had happened to The Ex, a painful comedy that reduces the Garden State star to pratfalls while many comic A-teamers around him (including Paul Rudd and Amy Adams) play idiots. The grossest indignity finds Braff, after moving to Ohio with Amanda Peet and their new kid, in a laughless duel with a jerk in a wheelchair (Jason Bateman). Their tete-a-tete is what it looks like when ”edgy” humor turns embarrassing.
Genre: Drama, Comedy; Starring: Zach Braff, Amanda Peet, Jason Bateman; Director: Jesse Peretz; Author: David Guion, Michael Handelman; Release Date Wide: 05/11/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 89; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: MGM
Posted May 16 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Robin Williams' wife, children continue to sort out issues over late actor's estate
- Icona Pop join One Direction on their U.S. tour
- Caitlyn Jenner's mom: 'She's beautiful'
- St. Vincent OK after fall off speakers
- Eddie Redmayne set for 'Fantastic Beasts'
- Justice Department ramps up its investigation of theater chains
- Tracy Morgan: 'I ain't never going to take life for granted no more'
- 18 CBS star portraits from summer/fall shows
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Charlize & Seth, Alessandro & Bradley, Gwen Stefani and More!