What if Zach Braff acted in one more quarter-life-crisis movie, and instead of Sundance it went straight to video? If only that’s what had happened to The Ex, a painful comedy that reduces the Garden State star to pratfalls while many comic A-teamers around him (including Paul Rudd and Amy Adams) play idiots. The grossest indignity finds Braff, after moving to Ohio with Amanda Peet and their new kid, in a laughless duel with a jerk in a wheelchair (Jason Bateman). Their tete-a-tete is what it looks like when ”edgy” humor turns embarrassing.
Genre: Drama, Comedy; Starring: Zach Braff, Amanda Peet, Jason Bateman; Director: Jesse Peretz; Author: David Guion, Michael Handelman; Release Date Wide: 05/11/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 89; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: MGM
Posted May 16 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Conan O'Brien used 'Hamilton' to help explain Trump victory to upset kids
- Veteran character actress Alice Drummond dies at 88
- Canadian police apologize to Nickelback for drunk driving joke
- 'Aquaman' movie lands fall 2018 release date
- Lauren Graham says she may not watch the 'Gilmore Girls' revival
- Terry Crews, Dave Coulier, Shaq design ugly Christmas sweaters
- See Jennifer Lawrence's seventh grade yearbook superlative
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big