At first, it looks as though Hal Hartley, that quirky/annoying maestro of the put-on pensée, has finally entered the real world. In Fay Grim, his continuation of Henry Fool (1998), Parker Posey’s Fay, estranged wife of the gloomy, drunken bohemian nihilist Henry (Thomas Jay Ryan), is arm-twisted by the CIA into locating his confessional notebooks. The tomes may contain scandalous political secrets, but don’t be fooled: The faux espionage plot, with its winks at terrorism, is really just a convoluted plea for the relevance of precious indie artistes (i.e., Hal Hartley).
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Action/Adventure; Starring: Parker Posey, Thomas Jay Ryan, Jeff Goldblum; Director: Hal Hartley; Author: Hal Hartley; Release Date Limited: 05/18/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 118; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Magnolia Pictures
Posted May 16 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Ansel Elgort remembers former classmate after his death
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 5 best non-singles from Kanye West's 'Late Registration' on its 10th anniversary
- 'Supernatural': Jensen Ackles talks season 11's female big bad
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!