At first, it looks as though Hal Hartley, that quirky/annoying maestro of the put-on pensée, has finally entered the real world. In Fay Grim, his continuation of Henry Fool (1998), Parker Posey’s Fay, estranged wife of the gloomy, drunken bohemian nihilist Henry (Thomas Jay Ryan), is arm-twisted by the CIA into locating his confessional notebooks. The tomes may contain scandalous political secrets, but don’t be fooled: The faux espionage plot, with its winks at terrorism, is really just a convoluted plea for the relevance of precious indie artistes (i.e., Hal Hartley).
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Action/Adventure; Starring: Parker Posey, Thomas Jay Ryan, Jeff Goldblum; Director: Hal Hartley; Author: Hal Hartley; Release Date Limited: 05/18/2007; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 118; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Magnolia Pictures
Posted May 16 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Deadpool makes a cameo in new 'Fantastic Four' trailer
- Drake disses Meek Mill during OVO Fest set
- Ellen DeGeneres tweets support for Amy Schumer after gun control speech
- 'Significant Mother' react: What did you think?
- Casting Net: Ali Larter returns for 'Resident Evil: The Final Chapter'
- Amazon defends making a TV show with Woody Allen
- Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale are divorcing