Who knew that the breakup of the Soviet bloc would be such a boon to the slasher-film industry? Severance, a British hack-‘em-up, might be described as Friday the 13th with better motivation. Seven employees of a multinational arms company pay a visit to Hungary — and wind up getting picked off, in the woods, by a ghoulish pack of military renegades. The chintzy characters, hair-raising deaths, and one spectacular rocket-launcher joke aren’t enough to give Hostel a run for its blood, but they will keep the desensitized occupied.
Genre: Comedy, Horror; Starring: Danny Dyer, Laura Harris; Director: Christopher Smith; Author: James Moran, Christopher Smith; Release Date Limited: 05/18/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 99; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Magnolia Pictures
Posted May 16 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Pearl Jam play 'Ten' front to back in Philly
- 'The Originals' boss on the difficulties of killing a beloved character
- 'The Originals' boss on [spoiler]'s heartbreaking death, hope for Davina
- 'The Originals' victim 'cried' over that tragic death
- Charli XCX releases sleek, dance-heavy video for single 'Vroom Vroom'
- 'Vampire Diaries' boss breaks down tonight's action sequences
- John Krasinski to star in 'Jack Ryan' Amazon series
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch