Who knew that the breakup of the Soviet bloc would be such a boon to the slasher-film industry? Severance, a British hack-‘em-up, might be described as Friday the 13th with better motivation. Seven employees of a multinational arms company pay a visit to Hungary — and wind up getting picked off, in the woods, by a ghoulish pack of military renegades. The chintzy characters, hair-raising deaths, and one spectacular rocket-launcher joke aren’t enough to give Hostel a run for its blood, but they will keep the desensitized occupied.
Genre: Comedy, Horror; Starring: Danny Dyer, Laura Harris; Director: Christopher Smith; Author: James Moran, Christopher Smith; Release Date Limited: 05/18/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 99; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Magnolia Pictures
Posted May 16 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Pretty Little Liars': Torrey DeVitto says goodbye to Melissa Hastings
- Josh Gad boards Kenneth Branagh's 'Murder on the Orient Express'
- Box Office Preview: 'Madea,' 'Jack Reacher' Battle for No. 1
- 'Miss Peregrine's' author to pen second trilogy
- Gugu Mbatha-Raw joins Ava DuVernay’s 'A Wrinkle In Time'
- First 'Nashville' season 5 promo confirms Hayden Panettiere's return
- Neon Trees frontman Tyler Glenn to perform at EW PopFest