Who knew that the breakup of the Soviet bloc would be such a boon to the slasher-film industry? Severance, a British hack-‘em-up, might be described as Friday the 13th with better motivation. Seven employees of a multinational arms company pay a visit to Hungary — and wind up getting picked off, in the woods, by a ghoulish pack of military renegades. The chintzy characters, hair-raising deaths, and one spectacular rocket-launcher joke aren’t enough to give Hostel a run for its blood, but they will keep the desensitized occupied.
SeveranceWho knew that the breakup of the Soviet bloc would be such a boon to the slasher-film industry? Severance, a British hack-'em-up, might...SeveranceComedy, HorrorJames Moran, Christopher SmithPT99MRWho knew that the breakup of the Soviet bloc would be such a boon to the slasher-film industry? Severance, a British hack-'em-up, might...2007-05-16Magnolia Pictures
Genre: Comedy, Horror; Starring: Danny Dyer, Laura Harris; Director: Christopher Smith; Author: James Moran, Christopher Smith; Runtime (in minutes): 99; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Magnolia Pictures
Posted May 16 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Vikings' shocker: Creator Michael Hirst talks the death of [spoiler]
- 'Vikings' kills again: A talk with the departing actor
- Casting Net: Viola Davis, Catalina Sandino Moreno star in 'Custody'
- Obama talks 'The Wire' with David Simon
- Warner Bros wins bid for rights to viral 'Sundays' short
- Oscar producers Meron, Zadan moving on
- Craig T. Nelson back as Hayden Fox in NBC 'Coach' revival
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- T.I. & Kevin, Jon Hamm, Olivia & Jason and More!