Who knew that the breakup of the Soviet bloc would be such a boon to the slasher-film industry? Severance, a British hack-‘em-up, might be described as Friday the 13th with better motivation. Seven employees of a multinational arms company pay a visit to Hungary — and wind up getting picked off, in the woods, by a ghoulish pack of military renegades. The chintzy characters, hair-raising deaths, and one spectacular rocket-launcher joke aren’t enough to give Hostel a run for its blood, but they will keep the desensitized occupied.
Genre: Comedy, Horror; Starring: Danny Dyer, Laura Harris; Director: Christopher Smith; Author: James Moran, Christopher Smith; Release Date Limited: 05/18/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 99; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Magnolia Pictures
Posted May 16 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kanye West's 'The Life of Pablo' has finally arrived
- Jonah Hill to host 'Saturday Night Live'
- Interracial marriage drama 'Loving' acquired by Focus Features
- Lady Gaga is getting her own 'Monster High' doll
- Melissa McCarthy hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Chiwetel Ejiofor says he'll never forgive Mark from 'Love Actually'
- Hear Disney princesses sing in their original languages