Who knew that the breakup of the Soviet bloc would be such a boon to the slasher-film industry? Severance, a British hack-‘em-up, might be described as Friday the 13th with better motivation. Seven employees of a multinational arms company pay a visit to Hungary — and wind up getting picked off, in the woods, by a ghoulish pack of military renegades. The chintzy characters, hair-raising deaths, and one spectacular rocket-launcher joke aren’t enough to give Hostel a run for its blood, but they will keep the desensitized occupied.
Genre: Comedy, Horror; Starring: Danny Dyer, Laura Harris; Director: Christopher Smith; Author: James Moran, Christopher Smith; Runtime (in minutes): 99; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Magnolia Pictures
Posted May 16 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See Meryl Streep sing the cut song Stephen Sondheim wrote for 'Into the Woods'
- Scream Factory to release 'Mad Max' collector's edition Blu-ray
- Margot Robbie learns flip cup, beats Jimmy Fallon anyway
- Neill Blomkamp says he 'didn't make a good enough film' with 'Elysium'
- Exclusive: First look at Carly Rae Jepsen's new video, "I Really Like You"
- 'Modern Family:' Read Alex's full college essay
- 'Empire': Behind the scenes at EW's photo shoot
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Taylor, Rita & Orlando, Amanda and More!