Who knew that the breakup of the Soviet bloc would be such a boon to the slasher-film industry? Severance, a British hack-‘em-up, might be described as Friday the 13th with better motivation. Seven employees of a multinational arms company pay a visit to Hungary — and wind up getting picked off, in the woods, by a ghoulish pack of military renegades. The chintzy characters, hair-raising deaths, and one spectacular rocket-launcher joke aren’t enough to give Hostel a run for its blood, but they will keep the desensitized occupied.
SeveranceWho knew that the breakup of the Soviet bloc would be such a boon to the slasher-film industry? Severance, a British hack-'em-up, might...SeveranceComedy, HorrorJames Moran, Christopher SmithPT99MRWho knew that the breakup of the Soviet bloc would be such a boon to the slasher-film industry? Severance, a British hack-'em-up, might...2007-05-16Magnolia Pictures
Genre: Comedy, Horror; Starring: Danny Dyer, Laura Harris; Director: Christopher Smith; Author: James Moran, Christopher Smith; Runtime (in minutes): 99; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Magnolia Pictures
Posted May 16 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Watch Liam from One Direction sing 14 seconds of 'Wonderwall'
- A first look at the inaugural issue of Rosy Press' Fresh Romance -- exclusive
- 'Furious 7' screenwriter gives update on 'Legend of Conan'
- Jenny Lewis makes Vanessa Bayer cry on 'Sound Advice'
- Listen to an exclusive clip from Paolo Bacigalupi's 'The Water Knife'
- Broadway’s 'King Charles III' casts Prince William, Harry, Kate
- 'Walking Dead' actor would love to play Spider-Man
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- George & Amal, Prince Harry, Ansel Elgort & More!