Because I Said So’s story of a lonely mother (Diane Keaton) looking for love for her daughter (Mandy Moore) and finding it for herself plays better on DVD. Perhaps that’s because Keaton’s screeching and over-the-top physical comedy — a misplaced tribute to Lucille Ball — aren’t quite as grating when viewed on the small screen. EXTRAS Sorry, there are no reactions to the miserable reviews. Just two meager making-ofs, in which the juiciest tidbit has Lauren Graham confessing that the actresses bonded by discussing their eBay purchases. That lively dialogue we might have enjoyed.C+
Genre: Comedy, Romance; Starring: Diane Keaton, Mandy Moore, Lauren Graham; Director: Michael Lehmann; Author: Karen Leigh, Jessie Nelson; Release Date Wide: 02/02/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 102; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Universal
Posted May 17 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Now's your chance to see 'Mad Max: Fury Road' in IMAX theaters
- Obama to honor Stephen King, Sally Field with National Medals of Arts
- Queen Elizabeth is a huge fan of 'Downton Abbey'
- You can binge all of TNT's new show 'Public Morals' — only on Labor Day weekend
- New 'Batman v Superman' pics show Wonder Woman, the Batmobile
- 'Star Wars: Aftermath': Finding Han Solo for a quick galactic run
- Kanye West sends Taylor Swift flowers after the 2015 VMAs
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Dakota Johnson, Keanu Reeves, Bar Refaeli & More!