Because I Said So’s story of a lonely mother (Diane Keaton) looking for love for her daughter (Mandy Moore) and finding it for herself plays better on DVD. Perhaps that’s because Keaton’s screeching and over-the-top physical comedy — a misplaced tribute to Lucille Ball — aren’t quite as grating when viewed on the small screen. EXTRAS Sorry, there are no reactions to the miserable reviews. Just two meager making-ofs, in which the juiciest tidbit has Lauren Graham confessing that the actresses bonded by discussing their eBay purchases. That lively dialogue we might have enjoyed.C+
Genre: Comedy, Romance; Starring: Diane Keaton, Mandy Moore, Lauren Graham; Director: Michael Lehmann; Author: Karen Leigh, Jessie Nelson; Release Date Wide: 02/02/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 102; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Universal
Posted May 17 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Welcome to Sweden' canceled by NBC
- Kung Fu Panda 3 filmmaker explains why Kai is the series' first supernatural villain
- Queen Latifah, Mary J. Blige to star in NBC's The Wiz
- Marvel's Jessica Jones is 'incredibly flawed'
- Want to buy Jesse's 'Breaking Bad' house?
- 'Outlander' exclusive: King Louis XV cast for season 2
- Matthew Broderick joins Broadway's dog play, Sylvia
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- The Hemsworths, Eva Longoria, Tom Cruise & More!