Because I Said So’s story of a lonely mother (Diane Keaton) looking for love for her daughter (Mandy Moore) and finding it for herself plays better on DVD. Perhaps that’s because Keaton’s screeching and over-the-top physical comedy — a misplaced tribute to Lucille Ball — aren’t quite as grating when viewed on the small screen. EXTRAS Sorry, there are no reactions to the miserable reviews. Just two meager making-ofs, in which the juiciest tidbit has Lauren Graham confessing that the actresses bonded by discussing their eBay purchases. That lively dialogue we might have enjoyed.C+
Genre: Comedy, Romance; Starring: Diane Keaton, Mandy Moore, Lauren Graham; Director: Michael Lehmann; Author: Karen Leigh, Jessie Nelson; Release Date Wide: 02/02/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 102; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Universal
Posted May 17 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- What we learned from the 'Pretty Little Liars' Comic-Con panel
- Hear that amazing Kelly Clarkson 'Already Gone' cover from this week's 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Justin Bieber reveals cover art for new album, 'Purpose'
- See the cover for 'Eligible,' Curtis Sittenfeld's 'Pride and Prejudice' retelling -- exclusive
- Sony prez says hacked emails had nothing to do with Amy Pascal's departure
- Lily James channels her inner zombie slayer in 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies' trailer
- Joy Behar to headline a TLC late-night show