Because I Said So’s story of a lonely mother (Diane Keaton) looking for love for her daughter (Mandy Moore) and finding it for herself plays better on DVD. Perhaps that’s because Keaton’s screeching and over-the-top physical comedy — a misplaced tribute to Lucille Ball — aren’t quite as grating when viewed on the small screen. EXTRAS Sorry, there are no reactions to the miserable reviews. Just two meager making-ofs, in which the juiciest tidbit has Lauren Graham confessing that the actresses bonded by discussing their eBay purchases. That lively dialogue we might have enjoyed.C+
Genre: Comedy, Romance; Starring: Diane Keaton, Mandy Moore, Lauren Graham; Director: Michael Lehmann; Author: Karen Leigh, Jessie Nelson; Release Date Wide: 02/02/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 102; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Universal
Posted May 17 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- ‘Tomorrowland’ leads slow Memorial Day weekend at box office
- Jennifer Aniston's '90s throwback photo is picture perfect
- Straight No Chaser step into Jim Nabors' shoes, sing to kick off the Indy 500
- Dave Grohl joins Paul McCartney on London stage: Watch
- Kelly Rutherford gets sole custody of kids
- J.K. Rowling cheers Ireland's gay wed vote
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!