Because I Said So’s story of a lonely mother (Diane Keaton) looking for love for her daughter (Mandy Moore) and finding it for herself plays better on DVD. Perhaps that’s because Keaton’s screeching and over-the-top physical comedy — a misplaced tribute to Lucille Ball — aren’t quite as grating when viewed on the small screen. EXTRAS Sorry, there are no reactions to the miserable reviews. Just two meager making-ofs, in which the juiciest tidbit has Lauren Graham confessing that the actresses bonded by discussing their eBay purchases. That lively dialogue we might have enjoyed.C+
Genre: Comedy, Romance; Starring: Diane Keaton, Mandy Moore, Lauren Graham; Director: Michael Lehmann; Author: Karen Leigh, Jessie Nelson; Release Date Wide: 02/02/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 102; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Universal
Posted May 17 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Johnny Depp to star in 'The Invisible Man' for Universal
- Ava DuVernay says 'it's not that hard' to make diverse hires in Hollywood
- The Tanners ring up Michelle in fullest 'Fuller House' trailer yet
- Lilly Singh admits the hardest part of filming 'A Trip to Unicorn Island'
- Amy Schumer takes on serious role in veteran drama 'Thank You for Your Service'
- 'Vinyl' showrunner Terence Winter picks his favorite vinyl record
- Starz greenlights 'White Queen' sequel 'The White Princess'