There’s something faintly ridiculous about the howling shredfests on Black Rain, Ozzy’s first album of new material since The Osbournes; it’s just not easy to take a guy seriously as the Prince of Darkness once you’ve seen him puttering around the mansion in his bathrobe. His performances on world-weary power ballads like ”Lay Your World on Me” and ”Here for You” are somewhat more convincing. For the most part, though, any other artist with material this undistinguished would be lucky to score a second-stage slot at Ozzfest. C+ Download This: Lay Your World On Me
Black Rain There's something faintly ridiculous about the howling shredfests on Black Rain, Ozzy's first album of new material since The...Black RainMetal There's something faintly ridiculous about the howling shredfests on Black Rain, Ozzy's first album of new material since The...2007-05-18
Genre: Metal; Lead Performer: Ozzy Osbourne
Posted May 18 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Wes Craven's 5 most twistedly influential films
- A$AP Rocky brings 'L$D' to the VMAs
- Celebrity reactions to Kanye West's MTV VMAs speech
- Miley Cyrus announces new album during VMAs performance
- 'Bad Blood' wins Video of the Year at the MTV VMAs
- The most GIF-able moments from this year's MTV VMAs
- 'I Am Cait' recap: 'The Dating Game'
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!